Jun 21, 2013, 6:32 PM EST
Former Manchester United and Real Madrid superstar Ruud van Nistelrooy is set to join Eredivisie side PSV Eindhoven for a coaching internship in an effort to complete his coaching badges, according to Dutch paper Voetbal International.
Van Nistelrooy scored 275 goals across his prolific 16-year playing career and is now looking to finish coaching training and make his way into the coaching ranks.
He will join up with PSV strikers coach Twan Scheepers to gain experience.
The 36-year-old blasted onto the scene with PSV, playing there for three years from 1998-2001, scoring 31 goals in 38 matches before his €28 million transfer to Manchester United.
The young strike team of Dries Mertens, Luciano Narsingh, Tim Matavz, and Jurgen Locadia currently at Philips Stadion are all 26 years old or younger, and could benefit immensely from one of the Netherlands’ most successful goal scorers giving them advice.
Scheepers himself has just extended his coaching contract at PSV for another three years.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3