Jun 22, 2013, 9:32 AM EDT
Why did Tim Cahill come to the United States to stack the next brick on his personal wall of career success?
How did the New York Red Bulls attacker respond when told at a young age that he was big enough or strong enough to play professionally?
It’s all in the Cahill segment of new MLS-themed NBC Sports show MLS Insider, which debuted Friday night.
The first episode featured Cahill, Robbie Rogers and the Sons of Ben, the Philadelphia Union passionate supporters group.
One of the most revealing elements of Cahill’s segment is footage of him talking after last year’s loss to D.C. United in the playoffs, where the Australian international is shielding teammate Kenny Cooper, whose critical penalty kick had been saved.
- Report: USA to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Everton set to complete $50 million deal for Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku 4
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1