Jun 22, 2013, 9:32 AM EDT
Why did Tim Cahill come to the United States to stack the next brick on his personal wall of career success?
How did the New York Red Bulls attacker respond when told at a young age that he was big enough or strong enough to play professionally?
It’s all in the Cahill segment of new MLS-themed NBC Sports show MLS Insider, which debuted Friday night.
The first episode featured Cahill, Robbie Rogers and the Sons of Ben, the Philadelphia Union passionate supporters group.
One of the most revealing elements of Cahill’s segment is footage of him talking after last year’s loss to D.C. United in the playoffs, where the Australian international is shielding teammate Kenny Cooper, whose critical penalty kick had been saved.
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0
- Chelsea confirm season-long loan deal for Radamel Falcao 3
- MLS preview: Timbers vs. Earthquakes, Galaxy vs. Toronto FC headline Week 18 0
- US Vice President Joe Biden to attend USWNT’s World Cup final vs. Japan 2