Jun 22, 2013, 9:32 AM EDT
Why did Tim Cahill come to the United States to stack the next brick on his personal wall of career success?
How did the New York Red Bulls attacker respond when told at a young age that he was big enough or strong enough to play professionally?
It’s all in the Cahill segment of new MLS-themed NBC Sports show MLS Insider, which debuted Friday night.
The first episode featured Cahill, Robbie Rogers and the Sons of Ben, the Philadelphia Union passionate supporters group.
One of the most revealing elements of Cahill’s segment is footage of him talking after last year’s loss to D.C. United in the playoffs, where the Australian international is shielding teammate Kenny Cooper, whose critical penalty kick had been saved.
- Tim Howard taking a break from U.S. international duty 4
- Report: Xabi Alonso heading to Manchester United 6
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 16
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 2
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 3