Jun 22, 2013, 9:32 AM EDT
Why did Tim Cahill come to the United States to stack the next brick on his personal wall of career success?
How did the New York Red Bulls attacker respond when told at a young age that he was big enough or strong enough to play professionally?
It’s all in the Cahill segment of new MLS-themed NBC Sports show MLS Insider, which debuted Friday night.
The first episode featured Cahill, Robbie Rogers and the Sons of Ben, the Philadelphia Union passionate supporters group.
One of the most revealing elements of Cahill’s segment is footage of him talking after last year’s loss to D.C. United in the playoffs, where the Australian international is shielding teammate Kenny Cooper, whose critical penalty kick had been saved.
- U-20 World Cup preview: The groups, the favorites, USA outlook and the game’s future stars 0
- Gulati: U.S. Soccer will vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in FIFA election, not Sepp Blatter 3
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: Summer transfer needs 2
- Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 3
- By the numbers: 2014-15 Premier League season in review 1
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 4