Jun 24, 2013, 8:52 PM EST
Yes. I’m sure that’s exactly how the saying goes.
Brek Shea, who has been in Dallas since Stoke City’s season ended, embodies that missive in an image posted to his Instagram account earlier today. Sun’s out, so guns are out for the winger, whose likely to participate in the Gold Cup this summer, having recovered from a calf injury.
While it’s a little scary to think of the rich guy at the end of the cul-de-sac having that type of artillery in his garage, it’s even scarier to think about the decision-making process that let to those clothes. The shirt definitely fits the occasion, but the shorts look like they were designed by the American Psilocybin Society. And the socks? Well the joke’s on us, because we’re looking at grandad’s wardrobe.
Perhaps this doesn’t quite reach the level of the infamous pony picture, but Shea’s added another chapter to his growing digital lore, one that confirms you can take the winger out of Texas, but you can’t take that Texan pride out of the winger.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3