Jun 24, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
Yes. I’m sure that’s exactly how the saying goes.
Brek Shea, who has been in Dallas since Stoke City’s season ended, embodies that missive in an image posted to his Instagram account earlier today. Sun’s out, so guns are out for the winger, whose likely to participate in the Gold Cup this summer, having recovered from a calf injury.
While it’s a little scary to think of the rich guy at the end of the cul-de-sac having that type of artillery in his garage, it’s even scarier to think about the decision-making process that let to those clothes. The shirt definitely fits the occasion, but the shorts look like they were designed by the American Psilocybin Society. And the socks? Well the joke’s on us, because we’re looking at grandad’s wardrobe.
Perhaps this doesn’t quite reach the level of the infamous pony picture, but Shea’s added another chapter to his growing digital lore, one that confirms you can take the winger out of Texas, but you can’t take that Texan pride out of the winger.
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 1
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 1
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers