Jun 25, 2013, 8:38 AM EDT
There are plenty of transfer rumors involving some huge players this morning, hopefully this summer transfer window starts to heat up soon.
The rumor mill seems to be shifting into overdrive in recent days, so here are Tuesday’s biggest transfer rumors around Europe.
Wayne Rooney is at the center of intense transfer speculation, again, with Barcelona said to be the interested party this time. The 27-year-old Manchester United striker put in a transfer request at the end of the 2012-13 season but that was overshadowed by news of Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement. Now Rooney’s future as a Red Devil is back up in the air, with Barca apparently offering $38 million for the England international. Rooney clearly wants out but Chelsea and Real Madrid are also monitoring the situation carefully. Personally I think Barca would be the best fit for him. (The Sun)
Elsewhere, the Edinson Cavani saga has taken a new twist, with Chelsea apparently striking a $75 million deal with Napoli. The Uruguayan forward is certainly on his way out of Napoli, with the 26-year-old set to make over $11 million per season. Il Matador would certainly fit in with Chelsea’s style of play and after Manchester City revealed they wouldn’t be following up their initial interest in Cavani, Chelsea look set to seal his signature. Hopefully this deal gets sorted out, because boy, this one has dragged on. (The Telegraph)
Spanish whizkid Isco looks set for a move to Real Madrid after impressing in Spain’s Under-21 European Championship success. The 21-year-old Malaga attacker won La Liga’s breakthrough player of the year last season and has admitted to Spanish newspaper AS, that a move to Madrid would tempt him. With Carlo Ancelotti now in charge plenty of transfers to and from Real should take place in the coming weeks, Isco joining for around $37.5 million is almost a certainty. (Sky Sports)
Everton are chasing Japanese international Keisuke Honda, with the 27-year-old CSKA Moscow playmaker set to cost around $8 million. Honda impressed new manager Roberto Martinez with his performances at the Confederations Cup. And now he could become Martinez’ first signing as Everton boss. David Moyes has also been pursuing Honda and now it seems as if Martinez will step up the hunt. Honda has 15 goals in 45 games for Japan, but is out of contract with CSKA in January. However AC Milan are said to be waiting in the wings to pick him up on a free. Better act fast, Roberto. (Liverpool Echo)
Southampton are set to step down their interest in Celtic’s highly-rated midfielder Victor Wanyama. The 22-year-old Kenyan has rejected personal terms after his agents were believed to have asked for a $1.5 million fee for facilitating the move. Cardiff City are now set for talks with Wanyama, as he weighs up his options away from Celtic Park. It was only earlier this season that Manchester United and Barcelona were set to be chasing his signature. But perhaps regular minutes at a smaller EPL side would do him good right now? (Daily Mail)
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 0
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0