Jun 25, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
After roaming around the New York metro area for over 18 years in search of a permanent training ground, the New York Red Bulls finally have a facility they can call home.
This week RBNY moved into their new digs with the players blown away by the world class facilities now on offer. Included in the complex are three full-size pitches, two grass and one turf, plus state-of-the-art medical and treatment facilities.
When the doors opened for training on Monday, Dax McCarty, Brandon Barklage, Thierry Henry and others looked amazed at what their new Hanover, NJ home has to offer.
After visiting their temporary home at Montclair State University, this plush facility is a huge step up for the franchise. A player lounge, weight room, visiting locker room and theater room to review game film are just some of the many luxuries now on offer.
“We have the stadium which is beautiful and then you have this facility,” forward Peguy Luyindula said. “I was talking to the coach yesterday and telling him that even at PSG we don’t have this.”
Head coach Mike Petke was almost speechless as he settled into his new office overlooking the training pitches. “It is phenomenal, spirits are high. I feel honored to be a part of this. It makes me want to come to work, want to improve. It’s the same way with the players, we are ecstatic and it’s a huge piece for us.”
Below is a video from the Red Bulls website, as you get to go behind the scenes of the swish surroundings.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Barcelona vs. Bayern Munich 0
- Three things we learned from Juventus vs. Real Madrid 0
- Juventus 2-1 Real Madrid: Tevez penalty lifts Juve over defending champs 3
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge undergoes hip surgery 0
- LIVE – UEFA Champions League semifinal: Can Juventus beat Real Madrid in Turin? 0
- Reports: Chelsea gearing up contract extension talks with Mourinho 0