Jun 27, 2013, 9:14 PM EST
It seems his impressive performances for the USMNT recently has benefited more than just his standing with Jurgen Klinsmann.
According to Brian Sciaretta of the New York Times, Sporting KC will reward Graham Zusi with a new multiyear contract
His current contract runs out in December, although the club had options for the next two seasons.
It remains to be seen how long the extension is for, but with Sporting having already locked down Matt Besler, it’s another major step for the MLS club in keeping their top talent.
It also still isn’t clear if Sporting have made Zusi their second Designated Player alongside Claudio Bieler, but we should find out soon as he deal is just waiting for league approval according to Sciaretta.
Zusi’s contributions to Sporting KC have been intensified recently. With his departure for the USMNT World Cup qualifiers, KC picked up just two league points from three matches and got knocked out of the U.S. Open Cup by lower-division Orlando City FC.
UPDATE: The move was confirmed by Sporting KC’s CEO Robb Heineman via Twitter
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0