Jun 27, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Okay Jurgen, we salute you.
This Gold Cup roster is everything you promised it would be. A mixture of young and old, MLS, European and Mexican based players and above all giving a shot to those who previously missed out.
But looking at it now, how strong is the U.S. national team’s depth less than a year to go before World Cup 2014?
Well, apparently Klinsmann believes the mixed 23- man squad he has picked can win the Gold Cup this summer. That’s for starters.
With Mexico struggling under Jose Manuel “Chepo” de la Torre, the U.S. really have a terrific shot of going all the way this summer. That is something Klinsmann and his coaching staff are embracing and they expect the fringe players to put on a show and bring home the trophy.
- Late Grabavoy goal prolongs Portland’s agony against Real Salt Lake (video) 0
- Late Blas Pérez goal gives FC Dallas 2-1 win over Toronto FC (video) 1
- D.C. United takes a point out of Columbus, but referee has some explaining to do (video) 1
- Late strike from Manneh allows Vancouver to salvage a point against LA Galaxy (video) 1
- WATCH: All the goals, highlights from Saturday in the Premier League 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0