Jun 27, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Okay Jurgen, we salute you.
This Gold Cup roster is everything you promised it would be. A mixture of young and old, MLS, European and Mexican based players and above all giving a shot to those who previously missed out.
But looking at it now, how strong is the U.S. national team’s depth less than a year to go before World Cup 2014?
Well, apparently Klinsmann believes the mixed 23- man squad he has picked can win the Gold Cup this summer. That’s for starters.
With Mexico struggling under Jose Manuel “Chepo” de la Torre, the U.S. really have a terrific shot of going all the way this summer. That is something Klinsmann and his coaching staff are embracing and they expect the fringe players to put on a show and bring home the trophy.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0