Jun 27, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Okay Jurgen, we salute you.
This Gold Cup roster is everything you promised it would be. A mixture of young and old, MLS, European and Mexican based players and above all giving a shot to those who previously missed out.
But looking at it now, how strong is the U.S. national team’s depth less than a year to go before World Cup 2014?
Well, apparently Klinsmann believes the mixed 23- man squad he has picked can win the Gold Cup this summer. That’s for starters.
With Mexico struggling under Jose Manuel “Chepo” de la Torre, the U.S. really have a terrific shot of going all the way this summer. That is something Klinsmann and his coaching staff are embracing and they expect the fringe players to put on a show and bring home the trophy.
- In less than five months, Diego Costa has become Premier League villain No. 1 2
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic ensures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 7
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 2
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0