Jun 28, 2013, 5:53 PM EST
Italian Sky Sports journalist Gianluca di Marzio is reporting that the agent of Dejan Stankovic met again with officials of Inter to discuss the termination of his contract.
It was reported by Sky Italia’s Tancredi Palmeri back in the beginning of June that Stankovic was possibly headed to Major League Soccer, and di Marzio confirmed that’s still a leading option.
As it was a month ago, Seattle Sounders and Toronto FC are the two interested parties from MLS, and although a switch to the U.A.E. is apparently also an option, Major League Soccer appears to have the upper hand.
Retirement is also an option, according to di Marzio.
With Stankovic at 34 years old, the Serbian played just three matches for Inter last season. He’s spent 15-years in Serie A after a move from Serbia’s Red Star Belgrade. He went to Lazio before his transfer to Inter in the 2003/04 season.
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0