Jun 28, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Italian Sky Sports journalist Gianluca di Marzio is reporting that the agent of Dejan Stankovic met again with officials of Inter to discuss the termination of his contract.
It was reported by Sky Italia’s Tancredi Palmeri back in the beginning of June that Stankovic was possibly headed to Major League Soccer, and di Marzio confirmed that’s still a leading option.
As it was a month ago, Seattle Sounders and Toronto FC are the two interested parties from MLS, and although a switch to the U.A.E. is apparently also an option, Major League Soccer appears to have the upper hand.
Retirement is also an option, according to di Marzio.
With Stankovic at 34 years old, the Serbian played just three matches for Inter last season. He’s spent 15-years in Serie A after a move from Serbia’s Red Star Belgrade. He went to Lazio before his transfer to Inter in the 2003/04 season.
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 0
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 1
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0