Jun 28, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Italian Sky Sports journalist Gianluca di Marzio is reporting that the agent of Dejan Stankovic met again with officials of Inter to discuss the termination of his contract.
It was reported by Sky Italia’s Tancredi Palmeri back in the beginning of June that Stankovic was possibly headed to Major League Soccer, and di Marzio confirmed that’s still a leading option.
As it was a month ago, Seattle Sounders and Toronto FC are the two interested parties from MLS, and although a switch to the U.A.E. is apparently also an option, Major League Soccer appears to have the upper hand.
Retirement is also an option, according to di Marzio.
With Stankovic at 34 years old, the Serbian played just three matches for Inter last season. He’s spent 15-years in Serie A after a move from Serbia’s Red Star Belgrade. He went to Lazio before his transfer to Inter in the 2003/04 season.
- FC Basel 1-0 Liverpool: Streller sinks Reds in Switzerland 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 0
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 4
- Men in Blazers podcast: Wayne Rooney’s implosion, Derby Day and an MiBNT update 0
- So much for bad hamstrings, Costa states he’s ready for Spain selection 0
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0