Jun 29, 2013, 5:39 PM EST
His dad is talking up Real Madrid, his mom is blabbing about Manchester United, his boss says City have bid, and he is playing down his release clause value. With so much talk, no wonder there’s been constant media chatter.
So much, that Edinson Cavani’s had enough of it.
“My future? Too many things have been said over the last few days, so it is best to just stay quiet,” he said in a press conference from Brazil. “At the start I wasn’t bothered by all the speculation, but I have to admit now it is disturbing me. I want to focus on Uruguay and this match.”
What did you think was going to happen, big guy?
News broke today that Chelsea have apparently agreed to personal terms with the striker, but don’t want to pay the full €63 million release clause that Napoli have demanded.
He’ll have to deal with it ahead of Uruguay’s big third-place tie in the Confederations Cup against Italy. His country have used the 26-year-old primarily as a winger this tournament with Luis Suarez and Diego Forlan up front, and he hasn’t impressed.
It’s certainly possible that all the media attention on his club situation is causing his mind to wander.
Unfortunately, unless people tighten their lips, the daily media updates and questions won’t slow. And at this point, it probably won’t stop even if they did shut their mouths.
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Manchester United, Liverpool 0
- Report: Garcia’s World Cup ethics report to be released after all 4
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2