Jun 29, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
There isn’t much more information at this point, but the AP is reporting that young winger Joshua Gatt has picked up a knee injury playing for his club Molde in Norway Saturday.
Gatt came off in the 41st minute of Molde’s 3-1 victory over Sarpsborg in the Norwegian Tippeligaen.
Gatt is on the 23-man roster Jurgen Klinsmann selected for the Gold Cup, and the 21-year-old will be evaluated Sunday before the USMNT makes a decision on his status.
It will come as a major blow to the kid if he can’t play in the Gold Cup, as he had tweeted Friday how excited he was to potentially earn his first competitive cap with the United States.
It's gonna feel amazing to wear red, white and blue again and represent my country! Lets get at it boys!!—
Joshua Gatt (@JoshuaGatt) June 28, 2013
The former Wolverine has appeared in two friendlies this international season. He came on as a 63rd minute substitute in a friendly against Russia in November for his debut, and got his first start against Canada in January where he came off at halftime.
If Gatt can’t go in the Gold Cup, Graham Zusi or Brad Evans could be poised to replace him.
- Done Deals: Recapping Man United (and others’) busy day — De Gea drama; Chicharito out; $56 million for Martial 0
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 4
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 1
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 2
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1