Jun 29, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
There isn’t much more information at this point, but the AP is reporting that young winger Joshua Gatt has picked up a knee injury playing for his club Molde in Norway Saturday.
Gatt came off in the 41st minute of Molde’s 3-1 victory over Sarpsborg in the Norwegian Tippeligaen.
Gatt is on the 23-man roster Jurgen Klinsmann selected for the Gold Cup, and the 21-year-old will be evaluated Sunday before the USMNT makes a decision on his status.
It will come as a major blow to the kid if he can’t play in the Gold Cup, as he had tweeted Friday how excited he was to potentially earn his first competitive cap with the United States.
It's gonna feel amazing to wear red, white and blue again and represent my country! Lets get at it boys!!—
Joshua Gatt (@JoshuaGatt) June 28, 2013
The former Wolverine has appeared in two friendlies this international season. He came on as a 63rd minute substitute in a friendly against Russia in November for his debut, and got his first start against Canada in January where he came off at halftime.
If Gatt can’t go in the Gold Cup, Graham Zusi or Brad Evans could be poised to replace him.
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0