Jun 29, 2013, 6:51 PM EST
There isn’t much more information at this point, but the AP is reporting that young winger Joshua Gatt has picked up a knee injury playing for his club Molde in Norway Saturday.
Gatt came off in the 41st minute of Molde’s 3-1 victory over Sarpsborg in the Norwegian Tippeligaen.
Gatt is on the 23-man roster Jurgen Klinsmann selected for the Gold Cup, and the 21-year-old will be evaluated Sunday before the USMNT makes a decision on his status.
It will come as a major blow to the kid if he can’t play in the Gold Cup, as he had tweeted Friday how excited he was to potentially earn his first competitive cap with the United States.
It's gonna feel amazing to wear red, white and blue again and represent my country! Lets get at it boys!!—
Joshua Gatt (@JoshuaGatt) June 28, 2013
The former Wolverine has appeared in two friendlies this international season. He came on as a 63rd minute substitute in a friendly against Russia in November for his debut, and got his first start against Canada in January where he came off at halftime.
If Gatt can’t go in the Gold Cup, Graham Zusi or Brad Evans could be poised to replace him.
- Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Mourinho’s boys win League Cup trophy 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 3
- Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City: Pair of Reds stunners stupefy City 4
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4