Jun 30, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
In an offseason full of good news for the Swans, they have unveiled a handsome new kit and announced that it comes with the club’s highest-ever sponsorship deal.
GWFX, an online trading provider and core brand of the Asian financial service provider Goldenway, has signed on for the upcoming season for a rumored £2 million ($3.3 million). The deal, replacing last year’s shirt sponsor 32Red, apparently has an option for an extension at the end of the season.
The new away kit is a fancy and smart juxtaposition of yellow and purple, with the yellow unsymmetrical bib across the neck area and a hard cut in to the purple of the rest of the shirt.
The home kit features a very simple white kit with black sections at the bottom of the sleeves. No third kit has been released.
The only bit of bad news is that kit-maker adidas botched the release, and therefore the home kit isn’t available for sale just yet. The company said in a statement, “adidas wishes to sincerely apologise to the club and all Swansea City fans. Unfortunately there has been a delay with the delivery of the new 2013/2014 adult home shirt and some items from the new 2013/14 Swansea City training wear range due to a situation which regrettably adidas has been unable to rectify in time for the scheduled launch.”
It’s a small price to pay for such a fantastic offseason for a team promoted just two years ago. The Swans seem to have their sights set even higher than last season’s 9th place finish.
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 2
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 1
- The Benny Feilhaber Conundrum: Has Peter Vermes finally solved the puzzle? 1
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 1
- Premier League Roundup: Moyes defeated in Everton reunion; top five snag wins 1
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 1
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Blues grab crucial away win as Hazard dazzles (video) 0
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (20)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (20)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (18)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (16)