Jun 30, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
In an offseason full of good news for the Swans, they have unveiled a handsome new kit and announced that it comes with the club’s highest-ever sponsorship deal.
GWFX, an online trading provider and core brand of the Asian financial service provider Goldenway, has signed on for the upcoming season for a rumored £2 million ($3.3 million). The deal, replacing last year’s shirt sponsor 32Red, apparently has an option for an extension at the end of the season.
The new away kit is a fancy and smart juxtaposition of yellow and purple, with the yellow unsymmetrical bib across the neck area and a hard cut in to the purple of the rest of the shirt.
The home kit features a very simple white kit with black sections at the bottom of the sleeves. No third kit has been released.
The only bit of bad news is that kit-maker adidas botched the release, and therefore the home kit isn’t available for sale just yet. The company said in a statement, “adidas wishes to sincerely apologise to the club and all Swansea City fans. Unfortunately there has been a delay with the delivery of the new 2013/2014 adult home shirt and some items from the new 2013/14 Swansea City training wear range due to a situation which regrettably adidas has been unable to rectify in time for the scheduled launch.”
It’s a small price to pay for such a fantastic offseason for a team promoted just two years ago. The Swans seem to have their sights set even higher than last season’s 9th place finish.
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0