Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Forget painting lines on grass, turf or concrete, Nike is now using lasers to create soccer pitches.
In yet another impressive technological advancement to the game of soccer, Nike is using laser beams to create soccer fields in the streets of Spain.
Small sided pitches are currently being projected onto the streets of Madrid as part of Nike’s ongoing #MiPista campaign. To order a pitch anyone wanting to play pick-up can use her smartphone to place an order and a Nike team that includes a van, a crane and a team will arrive to project the virtual pitch.
For now, each field is large enough to run a small 5 by 5 game and, obviously, can only be created after sundown.
Lasers, baby. Lasers.
- Watch Live: Portland Timbers vs. Vancouver Whitecaps (Lineups) 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Hamburg holds Bayern; Newly-promoted club atop league 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Southampton win, Liverpool upset 0
- West Ham United 3-1 Liverpool: Early goals send Irons to big upset 1
- Newcastle United 2-2 Hull City: Cisse’s brace saves embattled Magpies 0
- Aston Villa 0-3 Arsenal: Red-hot Ozil, Welbeck fire Gunners to victory (video) 0