Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Forget painting lines on grass, turf or concrete, Nike is now using lasers to create soccer pitches.
In yet another impressive technological advancement to the game of soccer, Nike is using laser beams to create soccer fields in the streets of Spain.
Small sided pitches are currently being projected onto the streets of Madrid as part of Nike’s ongoing #MiPista campaign. To order a pitch anyone wanting to play pick-up can use her smartphone to place an order and a Nike team that includes a van, a crane and a team will arrive to project the virtual pitch.
For now, each field is large enough to run a small 5 by 5 game and, obviously, can only be created after sundown.
Lasers, baby. Lasers.
- Barcelona’s transfer ban suspended by FIFA, should allow club to make summer moves 0
- Champions League preview: Defending champion Bayern Munich looks to end Real Madrid quest for 10th title 0
- Alex Ferguson backed David Moyes’ firing, will help select a successor 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 7 0
- Five moments that defined Chelsea’s Champions League trip to Atlético Madrid 0
- Three things we learned from Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea 2