Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Forget painting lines on grass, turf or concrete, Nike is now using lasers to create soccer pitches.
In yet another impressive technological advancement to the game of soccer, Nike is using laser beams to create soccer fields in the streets of Spain.
Small sided pitches are currently being projected onto the streets of Madrid as part of Nike’s ongoing #MiPista campaign. To order a pitch anyone wanting to play pick-up can use her smartphone to place an order and a Nike team that includes a van, a crane and a team will arrive to project the virtual pitch.
For now, each field is large enough to run a small 5 by 5 game and, obviously, can only be created after sundown.
Lasers, baby. Lasers.
- Aston Villa 0-0 Newcastle: Guzan saves a point as Villa moves top 0
- ‘Powerful explosions’ rock Shakhtar Donetsk’s home stadium in Ukraine 2
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 2 0
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 2-1 Real Salt Lake 0
- MLS Weekend Preview: Trio of marque marquee matches begins Friday in Frisco 0
- Early Mandzukic goal sees Atlético defeat Real Madrid, claim Spanish Super Cup 1