Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Forget painting lines on grass, turf or concrete, Nike is now using lasers to create soccer pitches.
In yet another impressive technological advancement to the game of soccer, Nike is using laser beams to create soccer fields in the streets of Spain.
Small sided pitches are currently being projected onto the streets of Madrid as part of Nike’s ongoing #MiPista campaign. To order a pitch anyone wanting to play pick-up can use her smartphone to place an order and a Nike team that includes a van, a crane and a team will arrive to project the virtual pitch.
For now, each field is large enough to run a small 5 by 5 game and, obviously, can only be created after sundown.
Lasers, baby. Lasers.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1