Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Forget painting lines on grass, turf or concrete, Nike is now using lasers to create soccer pitches.
In yet another impressive technological advancement to the game of soccer, Nike is using laser beams to create soccer fields in the streets of Spain.
Small sided pitches are currently being projected onto the streets of Madrid as part of Nike’s ongoing #MiPista campaign. To order a pitch anyone wanting to play pick-up can use her smartphone to place an order and a Nike team that includes a van, a crane and a team will arrive to project the virtual pitch.
For now, each field is large enough to run a small 5 by 5 game and, obviously, can only be created after sundown.
Lasers, baby. Lasers.
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 5
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 3