Jul 2, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
No time for messing around. Click here … and hurry! Voting for the July 31 match at Sporting Park (MLS All-Stars vs. Roma from Italy’s Serie A) ends at 3 p.m. ET today.
Vote your head or your heart … although, really, better to vote with your head on this stuff. Either way, vote!
I encourage you to be your own dog. But if you need a little help here or there, this is the starting 11 that I would select today:
GK: Sporting KC’s Jimmy Nielsen
RB: Vancouver Whitecaps’ Nigel Reo Coker
CB: LA Galaxy’s Omar Gonzalez
CB: Sporking KC’s Matt Besler
LB: FC Dallas’ Michel
MF: Real Salt Lake’s Kyle Beckerman
MF: Portland Timbers’ Will Johnson
MF: Sporting KC’s Graham Zusi
MF: Chicago Fire’s Mike Magee
FW: New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry
FW: LA Galaxy’s Robbie Keane
- Nigel Reo Coker usually works the midfield for the Whitecaps, but has played at right back for Martin Rennie’s team, including last week in the win at D.C. United.
- Same for Michel in Dallas, where he was brought in as a left back (his natural spot) but where he has been used mostly as a holding midfielder out of necessity. He’s been rock solid at both positions.
- Will Johnson (pictured) was the first name on my list. He’s been outstanding from Day 1 with at his new Jeld-Wen Field home.
- It was tough keeping Jack McInerney and his 10 goals off the team. His finishing lately, less sure than in March, April and May, may have been just enough to pick the two bigger stars, Thierry Henry and Robbie Keane. (With 5 goals and 6 assists, Keane has contributed directly to more goals than McInerney, who hasn’t registered an assist this year.)
- Liverpool 3-1 Cardiff City: Yet another side undone by Luis Suárez 0
- WATCH: Suarez scores two stunners for Liverpool to celebrate new deal (VIDEO) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live on NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 17 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: Southampton and Chelsea to rise 0
- Could Joe Hart return to Premier League action this weekend against Fulham? 0
- U.S. Soccer names All-Time Best XI, do you agree? 7
- Report: Clint Dempsey will join Fulham on Jan. 1 for two-month loan (12)
- Is Google a player in the game of sports media rights? (12)
- Hamm, Wambach, Morgan lead U.S. Soccer’s all-time women’s best XI (but no Solo, Milbrett) (11)
- Spurs in hunt for new boss after sacking Andre Villas-Boas (10)
- Mexico’s Monterrey dumped out of FIFA Club World Cup (7)
- Bank of Brazil to Release Special World Cup Coins
- Nightmare for Socceroos in Real Group of Death
- Hodgson's Manaus Plan is Flawed
- Wilmer Cabrera on WC Draw: ''It's an Even Group''
- Germany Building Training Facility in Brazil
- Spain Thinking of US Camp Before World Cup
- Don't count out Chile in WC Group B
- Kicking it Off with a Final
- VIDEO: Visa World Cup Promo
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy