Jul 2, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
No time for messing around. Click here … and hurry! Voting for the July 31 match at Sporting Park (MLS All-Stars vs. Roma from Italy’s Serie A) ends at 3 p.m. ET today.
Vote your head or your heart … although, really, better to vote with your head on this stuff. Either way, vote!
I encourage you to be your own dog. But if you need a little help here or there, this is the starting 11 that I would select today:
GK: Sporting KC’s Jimmy Nielsen
RB: Vancouver Whitecaps’ Nigel Reo Coker
CB: LA Galaxy’s Omar Gonzalez
CB: Sporking KC’s Matt Besler
LB: FC Dallas’ Michel
MF: Real Salt Lake’s Kyle Beckerman
MF: Portland Timbers’ Will Johnson
MF: Sporting KC’s Graham Zusi
MF: Chicago Fire’s Mike Magee
FW: New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry
FW: LA Galaxy’s Robbie Keane
- Nigel Reo Coker usually works the midfield for the Whitecaps, but has played at right back for Martin Rennie’s team, including last week in the win at D.C. United.
- Same for Michel in Dallas, where he was brought in as a left back (his natural spot) but where he has been used mostly as a holding midfielder out of necessity. He’s been rock solid at both positions.
- Will Johnson (pictured) was the first name on my list. He’s been outstanding from Day 1 with at his new Jeld-Wen Field home.
- It was tough keeping Jack McInerney and his 10 goals off the team. His finishing lately, less sure than in March, April and May, may have been just enough to pick the two bigger stars, Thierry Henry and Robbie Keane. (With 5 goals and 6 assists, Keane has contributed directly to more goals than McInerney, who hasn’t registered an assist this year.)
Jul 29, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
“Every penny of that will be up for reinvestment as transfer fees and wages,” Krueger said.
Jul 29, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Where, exactly, Ronaldinho’s future ends up is anyone’s guess.
Jul 29, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
ICC and MLS action is in full swing in the USA this week. Watch it all online, here.
Jul 29, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
Jacobson arrives in the Big Apple from Dallas. Will Aquilani join him?
Jul 29, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Now Schneiderlin wants out as Saints’ incredible exodus continues to take a turn for the worst.
Jul 29, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Despite not winning any silverware last season, Barcelona were big winners off the pitch.
Jul 29, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
Tevez’s father, Juan Carlos Cabral, is said to have been kidnapped in Buenos Aires and held for ransom.
Jul 29, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Southampton duo are going nowhere, despite being linked with Tottenham switch.
Jul 29, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
Liverpool sign talented Belgian teenager, will loan him back to Lille this season.
Jul 29, 2014, 12:11 PM EDT
Even after calling African players “banana eaters” this man is set lead the Italian FA.
Jul 29, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
England star commits his future to the Toffees.
Jul 29, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
Valencia finally signs on, as Hammers splash the cash in search of goals.
Jul 29, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Garber: “MLS will not expand to Miami unless we have a downtown site for the stadium.”
Jul 29, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
Howard to call games, be studio analyst, for up to 10 PL games on NBC Sports this season.
Jul 29, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
A shoving match or something more sinister in Seattle?
Jul 29, 2014, 8:35 AM EDT
Borussia Dortmund star turns down new deal, alerts European giants.
Jul 29, 2014, 7:51 AM EDT
England youngster told he’s “not fit enough” and ordered to train on his own by van Gaal. Ouch.
Jul 29, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
Sounders’ tendency to collapse resurfaces during the Galaxy’s biggest win of the season.
Jul 28, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
A terrible move could get worse if Chelsea can’t move the Spanish striker.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Belgian international intends to stay at White Hart Lane, with a new, five-year deal on the table.
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 10
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 4
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 2
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 6