Jul 3, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
Don’t watch this if you like your soccer with a little bit of defense. But do watch if you want 10 minutes of goal-scoring fun and entertainment
The event was Leo Messi’s charity match Tuesday in Lima, Peru. (A similar event set for Wednesday in Los Angeles was canceled just 26 hours before kickoff, amid some very hurt feelings.)
Clearly, these games are about the business of “goals,” and business will always be booming. Messi’s side “won,” 8-5. Here are the highlights as the likes of Messi, Neymar, Daniel Alves, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Eric Abidal and others did the pass, dribble and shoot thing to the delight of the Peruvian crowd.
(Be sure to watch all the way through to see Neymar’s goal; the clever, long-range delicacy from Messi’s soon-t0-be Barcelona teammate was the last of Tuesday’s 13 hits.)
- Swansea 1-1 Hull: Danny Graham breaks his long scoring drought for the visitors 0
- Tim Howard on his stunning display vs. Arsenal, Everton’s good form, tough draw for USA 0
- David Moyes takes “complete responsibility” for Manchester United’s shocking start 2
- Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery to battle it out for Ballon d’Or 1
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014
- Looking at El Tri’s World Cup Opponents