Jul 5, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
It is Friday, and that can mean only one thing: MLS Insider is back.
The show returns to NBC Sports Network (Friday, 7:30pm ET) for another behind the scenes look at Major League Soccer, and the third episode doesn’t disappoint with plenty of incredible segments showcasing life in MLS.
The second episode of “MLS Insider” aired last Friday, as Peruvian international goalkeeper Raul Fernandez and the Houston Dynamo fans in the 2006 MLS Cup were featured.
This time we get to see Gambian teenager Kekuta Manneh and hear about his incredible story from his homeland to playing professionally for the Vancouver Whitecaps in MLS, via Texas.
After impressing in the 2013 MLS Combine, 18-year-old Manneh was selected fourth overall by the Whitecaps in the SuperDraft. He hasn’t looked back since.
Produced by Hock Films and led by award-winning filmmaker Jonathan Hock, episode three will air at 7:30 PM ET on NBC Sports Network and 2 PM ET on TSN Network in Canada.
Here is a preview of tonight’s show, with the segment on Manneh’s amazing journey to becoming a professional.
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 5
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 2
- League Cup Roundup: Balotelli saves Liverpool, Newcastle defeat Manchester City 0