Jul 5, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
It is Friday, and that can mean only one thing: MLS Insider is back.
The show returns to NBC Sports Network (Friday, 7:30pm ET) for another behind the scenes look at Major League Soccer, and the third episode doesn’t disappoint with plenty of incredible segments showcasing life in MLS.
The second episode of “MLS Insider” aired last Friday, as Peruvian international goalkeeper Raul Fernandez and the Houston Dynamo fans in the 2006 MLS Cup were featured.
This time we get to see Gambian teenager Kekuta Manneh and hear about his incredible story from his homeland to playing professionally for the Vancouver Whitecaps in MLS, via Texas.
After impressing in the 2013 MLS Combine, 18-year-old Manneh was selected fourth overall by the Whitecaps in the SuperDraft. He hasn’t looked back since.
Produced by Hock Films and led by award-winning filmmaker Jonathan Hock, episode three will air at 7:30 PM ET on NBC Sports Network and 2 PM ET on TSN Network in Canada.
Here is a preview of tonight’s show, with the segment on Manneh’s amazing journey to becoming a professional.
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1