Jul 5, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
It is Friday, and that can mean only one thing: MLS Insider is back.
The show returns to NBC Sports Network (Friday, 7:30pm ET) for another behind the scenes look at Major League Soccer, and the third episode doesn’t disappoint with plenty of incredible segments showcasing life in MLS.
The second episode of “MLS Insider” aired last Friday, as Peruvian international goalkeeper Raul Fernandez and the Houston Dynamo fans in the 2006 MLS Cup were featured.
This time we get to see Gambian teenager Kekuta Manneh and hear about his incredible story from his homeland to playing professionally for the Vancouver Whitecaps in MLS, via Texas.
After impressing in the 2013 MLS Combine, 18-year-old Manneh was selected fourth overall by the Whitecaps in the SuperDraft. He hasn’t looked back since.
Produced by Hock Films and led by award-winning filmmaker Jonathan Hock, episode three will air at 7:30 PM ET on NBC Sports Network and 2 PM ET on TSN Network in Canada.
Here is a preview of tonight’s show, with the segment on Manneh’s amazing journey to becoming a professional.
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 16 0
- Manchester United’s Robin van Persie faces lengthy spell out 0
- Behind the Brazuca: NBC’s extensive research hints less “knuckle-ball” in Brazil, NASA agrees 2
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 3
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 3
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 5
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (16)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Group B: No Walk In The Park