Jul 5, 2013, 10:38 AM EST
Oh yes, this is exactly the type of thing you need to wake up to on a Friday morning.
Now that David Beckham’s illustrious career is behind him, we can take a look back at the moments which defined Becks’ glittering career.
In Lego animated form, that is.
See him score the stunning free kick against Greece that took England to the 2002 World Cup, lift the Champions League trophy aloft, get sent off for a sly kick on Argentina’s Diego Simeone and much, much more.
Beckham’s career highlights were captured by Japanese animation company Mori Pictures, who depicted everything up to his final moments on the pitch with PSG.
Beckham’s yellow Lego character can be seen with various different haircuts and it really does boggle the mind to think how the animation company were able to create such an incredible depiction of his career via, tiny, plastic bricks.
Watch in on amazement as a bunch of Lego retells the story of Beckham’s career, trust me, this is awesome. But Beckham’s time in Major League Soccer doesn’t play out on the extremely green Lego pitch. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all.
Also, if you love this, then you’ll love world renowned soccer Lego genius, Fabian Moritz, who has captured plenty other soccer moments in Lego including the 2013 Champions League Final.
Really hoping to see a Lego recreation of Landon Donovan’s dramatic late-goal against Algeria during the 2010 World Cup. Any other suggestions?
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 2
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 1
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 4
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 5
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (16)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Group B: No Walk In The Park