Jul 6, 2013, 6:39 PM EST
Die Roten have announced that striker Mario Gomez has made his mind up about where he would like to end up playing next season.
However, he stressed that the club will maintain steadfast in their evaluation of the player.
Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer revealed to German TV channel Sport1 that despite Gomez’s wish to leave, “If the conditions are not right, the move will not work. While our wishes remain unfulfilled, nothing will happen.”
Sammer did state quite blatantly, however, “Mario wants to go to Florence.”
With the Gomez having found himself second-string behind Mario Mandzukic, 27-year-old made just 21 Bundesliga appearances last season, a low for him since moving to Allianz Arena four years ago from Stuttgart.
A move to Fiorentina would suit Gomez well. With Stevan Jovetic probably on his way out, The Viola could not only afford Gomez, but would need his goalscoring abilities to replace their departed star as well.
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: Sunderland and Everton to upset odds 3
- Kyle Martino chats Andre Villas-Boas drama and Premier League parity 0
- Mike Magee Wins 2013 MLS Most Valuable Player Award 3
- USA fear toughest ever World Cup draw but relish chance to make history 3
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 3
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 4
- The Benny Feilhaber Conundrum: Has Peter Vermes finally solved the puzzle? 4
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 1
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (20)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (18)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three (11)