Jul 6, 2013, 6:39 PM EST
Die Roten have announced that striker Mario Gomez has made his mind up about where he would like to end up playing next season.
However, he stressed that the club will maintain steadfast in their evaluation of the player.
Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer revealed to German TV channel Sport1 that despite Gomez’s wish to leave, “If the conditions are not right, the move will not work. While our wishes remain unfulfilled, nothing will happen.”
Sammer did state quite blatantly, however, “Mario wants to go to Florence.”
With the Gomez having found himself second-string behind Mario Mandzukic, 27-year-old made just 21 Bundesliga appearances last season, a low for him since moving to Allianz Arena four years ago from Stuttgart.
A move to Fiorentina would suit Gomez well. With Stevan Jovetic probably on his way out, The Viola could not only afford Gomez, but would need his goalscoring abilities to replace their departed star as well.
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 0
- Watch Live: Arsenal vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Everton 2-1 West Ham United: Osman’s strike seals win for resurgent Toffees 0
- Chelsea 2-0 West Bromwich Albion: Blues cruise past 10-man Baggies 0