Jul 6, 2013, 6:39 PM EST
Die Roten have announced that striker Mario Gomez has made his mind up about where he would like to end up playing next season.
However, he stressed that the club will maintain steadfast in their evaluation of the player.
Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer revealed to German TV channel Sport1 that despite Gomez’s wish to leave, “If the conditions are not right, the move will not work. While our wishes remain unfulfilled, nothing will happen.”
Sammer did state quite blatantly, however, “Mario wants to go to Florence.”
With the Gomez having found himself second-string behind Mario Mandzukic, 27-year-old made just 21 Bundesliga appearances last season, a low for him since moving to Allianz Arena four years ago from Stuttgart.
A move to Fiorentina would suit Gomez well. With Stevan Jovetic probably on his way out, The Viola could not only afford Gomez, but would need his goalscoring abilities to replace their departed star as well.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0