Jul 6, 2013, 8:19 PM EST
In Friday’s MLS Insider, the crew turns back the clock back to when Mike Magee left home in Chicago at the young age of 17, and how 11 years later he’s finally home, right where he belongs.
He first walked out on his own with the United States U-17 team, making his way to Florida, before his journey through Major League Soccer until finally making it to Chicago.
Making his way home in the Robbie Rogers deal, the Chicago product couldn’t understand why Rogers didn’t want to play in Magee’s hometown. Mike, however, did.
Look for more MLS Insider videos here on ProSoccerTalk, and you can watch MLS Insider every Friday at 7:30 pm ET on NBC Sports Network.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MLS, union come together to avoid calamitous work stoppage 6
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders (video) 0
- Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Arsenal: Red-hot Giroud helps Gunners to win (video) 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return (video) 4