Jul 6, 2013, 8:19 PM EDT
In Friday’s MLS Insider, the crew turns back the clock back to when Mike Magee left home in Chicago at the young age of 17, and how 11 years later he’s finally home, right where he belongs.
He first walked out on his own with the United States U-17 team, making his way to Florida, before his journey through Major League Soccer until finally making it to Chicago.
Making his way home in the Robbie Rogers deal, the Chicago product couldn’t understand why Rogers didn’t want to play in Magee’s hometown. Mike, however, did.
Look for more MLS Insider videos here on ProSoccerTalk, and you can watch MLS Insider every Friday at 7:30 pm ET on NBC Sports Network.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 Vancouver Whitecaps (video) 0
- MLS Snapshot: Orlando City SC 5-2 Columbus Crew SC (video) 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 6-4 Real Salt Lake (video) 0
- Premier League friendly roundup: Man City lose in Germany, Liverpool win in Finland 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0
- Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Berbatov to Villa, Rahman to Chelsea 1