Jul 6, 2013, 8:19 PM EST
In Friday’s MLS Insider, the crew turns back the clock back to when Mike Magee left home in Chicago at the young age of 17, and how 11 years later he’s finally home, right where he belongs.
He first walked out on his own with the United States U-17 team, making his way to Florida, before his journey through Major League Soccer until finally making it to Chicago.
Making his way home in the Robbie Rogers deal, the Chicago product couldn’t understand why Rogers didn’t want to play in Magee’s hometown. Mike, however, did.
Look for more MLS Insider videos here on ProSoccerTalk, and you can watch MLS Insider every Friday at 7:30 pm ET on NBC Sports Network.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MLS Cup 2000 flashback: Molnar, Meola the heroes for Kansas City – video 0
- Premier League Roundup: Moyes defeated in Everton reunion; top five snag wins 0
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 1
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Blues grab crucial away win as Hazard dazzles 0
- Arsenal 2-0 Hull City: Bendtner and Ozil keep Gunners top 0
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw 17
- How well did Major League Soccer’s format work in 2013? Few qualms with this year’s results 8
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (19)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (17)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (17)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (14)