Jul 6, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
Italian media outfit Mediaset are reporting Ligue 1 side Paris Saint-Germain have stepped up their efforts to get Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, welcoming his negotiating party into Paris, and could have a deal done by Tuesday.
The report states PSG have agreed to a €62 million ($79.5 million) transfer fee – which just so happens to be his release clause – and now it’s up to the player to secure a deal.
Mediaset dubbed this weekend as “decisive” in the negotiations and speculates the clubs will wish to get the deal done soon to get on with other transfer dealings, while the player’s camp will look to prolong negotiations to gain leverage.
Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis will be hoping for an especially quick negotiation period, as he would no doubt like to have as much time as possible to spend whatever the club receives from Cavani’s departure.
Mediaset cited a reported agreement between the Uruguayan striker and Chelsea that would pay Cavani €163,000 ($209,000) per week, and believe that his negotiators will be using that to see if they can squeeze as much as €190,000 ($244,000) per week from PSG.
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 6
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 1
- Disappointing Opener for the Chicago Fire
- Liverpool says Pepe Reina can Leave Permanently for Four Million Pounds
- Sporting KC Sign Antonio Dovale
- Cruz Azul Ready to Continue Good Form in CONCACAF
- Escalada's Brace Against Leon Puts Emelec at Top in Libertadores Cup
- Galaxy Know Home Cooking is key to Beating Tijuana
- Santos Waste Away Advantage Against Venezuelan Minnows in Libertadores Cup
- Earthquakes' Alan Gordon's 95th Minute Equalizer Sets 1-1 Draw vs Toluca
- Sporting Ready for Champions League Test
- Kaká Becomes First Brazilian to Reach 30 Goals in the Champions League