Jul 6, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
Italian media outfit Mediaset are reporting Ligue 1 side Paris Saint-Germain have stepped up their efforts to get Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, welcoming his negotiating party into Paris, and could have a deal done by Tuesday.
The report states PSG have agreed to a €62 million ($79.5 million) transfer fee – which just so happens to be his release clause – and now it’s up to the player to secure a deal.
Mediaset dubbed this weekend as “decisive” in the negotiations and speculates the clubs will wish to get the deal done soon to get on with other transfer dealings, while the player’s camp will look to prolong negotiations to gain leverage.
Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis will be hoping for an especially quick negotiation period, as he would no doubt like to have as much time as possible to spend whatever the club receives from Cavani’s departure.
Mediaset cited a reported agreement between the Uruguayan striker and Chelsea that would pay Cavani €163,000 ($209,000) per week, and believe that his negotiators will be using that to see if they can squeeze as much as €190,000 ($244,000) per week from PSG.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 1
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0
- Tim Howard ready for USMNT return, as heroics rescue Everton 1
- Three things we learned from Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton 2
- Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: Hammers stun Reds at Anfield in fiery encounter 2
- Chelsea 1-2 Crystal Palace: Blues stunned at home by Eagles 5