Jul 6, 2013, 10:02 AM EST
The goals came slowly — but finally they came:
Jurgen Klinsmann’s team needed almost an entire half of soccer to break down Guatemala’s stacked defense. But a tactical shift here, a substitute providing just a little more there and the rout was on in San Diego.
By the end of Friday’s 6-0 result, it was the most lopsided U.S. win since an 8-0 victory against Barbados on June 15, 2008. The victory also extended a U.S. unbeaten streak against Guatemala to 20 games (14-0-6).
Here are the complete highlights from NBC Sports Network, with Arlo White and Kyle Martino on the call:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 1
- Report: Liverpool hoping to buy Ings, loan striker back to Burnley for season 1
- David Beckham says progress still being made toward MLS stadium in Miami 1
- DONE DEAL: Mattia Destro, Juan Agudelo sign with new clubs AC Milan, New England Revolution 0
- Juan Agudelo signs with New England Revolution, completes return to MLS 2
- How will Chelsea, Manchester City line up in huge Premier League clash? 2