Jul 6, 2013, 10:02 AM EST
The goals came slowly — but finally they came:
Jurgen Klinsmann’s team needed almost an entire half of soccer to break down Guatemala’s stacked defense. But a tactical shift here, a substitute providing just a little more there and the rout was on in San Diego.
By the end of Friday’s 6-0 result, it was the most lopsided U.S. win since an 8-0 victory against Barbados on June 15, 2008. The victory also extended a U.S. unbeaten streak against Guatemala to 20 games (14-0-6).
Here are the complete highlights from NBC Sports Network, with Arlo White and Kyle Martino on the call:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1