Jul 6, 2013, 10:02 AM EST
The goals came slowly — but finally they came:
Jurgen Klinsmann’s team needed almost an entire half of soccer to break down Guatemala’s stacked defense. But a tactical shift here, a substitute providing just a little more there and the rout was on in San Diego.
By the end of Friday’s 6-0 result, it was the most lopsided U.S. win since an 8-0 victory against Barbados on June 15, 2008. The victory also extended a U.S. unbeaten streak against Guatemala to 20 games (14-0-6).
Here are the complete highlights from NBC Sports Network, with Arlo White and Kyle Martino on the call:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Venue Guide: Check out where the USA will play at 2014 World Cup in Brazil 4
- Premier League Power Rankings: Everton flying, Manchester United nosedive – Week 14-15 1
- Three 2014 World Cup dark horses across three continents 1
- UEFA Champions League preview: Arsenal, Chelsea look to close out groups 0
- New York City FC names Jason Kreis its first coach 5
- UEFA Champions League recap: Man United, Bayern join Real, PSG as group winners 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"