Jul 6, 2013, 10:02 AM EDT
The goals came slowly — but finally they came:
Jurgen Klinsmann’s team needed almost an entire half of soccer to break down Guatemala’s stacked defense. But a tactical shift here, a substitute providing just a little more there and the rout was on in San Diego.
By the end of Friday’s 6-0 result, it was the most lopsided U.S. win since an 8-0 victory against Barbados on June 15, 2008. The victory also extended a U.S. unbeaten streak against Guatemala to 20 games (14-0-6).
Here are the complete highlights from NBC Sports Network, with Arlo White and Kyle Martino on the call:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 2
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2