Jul 6, 2013, 10:02 AM EDT
The goals came slowly — but finally they came:
Jurgen Klinsmann’s team needed almost an entire half of soccer to break down Guatemala’s stacked defense. But a tactical shift here, a substitute providing just a little more there and the rout was on in San Diego.
By the end of Friday’s 6-0 result, it was the most lopsided U.S. win since an 8-0 victory against Barbados on June 15, 2008. The victory also extended a U.S. unbeaten streak against Guatemala to 20 games (14-0-6).
Here are the complete highlights from NBC Sports Network, with Arlo White and Kyle Martino on the call:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3