Jul 7, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
Everton’s Tim Howard has opened up regarding how he likes to relax when not on duty with Everton or the U.S. Men’s National Team.
In this edition of Everton’s online series, ‘My Likes’, the Toffees net-minder discusses his love for NBA basketball and NFL football, explaining that for “every American kid loves football, I think it’s in our DNA.”
Howard, a huge fan of both the New York Knicks and the New York Giants, talks about how fortunate he was to grow up in the era of Michael Jordan and to have seen the G-Men make a handful of appearances in the Super Bowl.
Check out the video below to hear Howard discuss his appreciation for Denzel Washington, The Allman Brothers and off-beat record shops.
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Peru 6
- Three things we learned from USMNT’s comeback win vs. Peru 0
- USMNT 2-1 Peru: Altidore double leads USA to come-from-behind win 0
- EXCLUSIVE: US Olympic coach Andi Herzog on Rio 2016, MLS, over-age players and more 0
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 6
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0