Jul 8, 2013, 11:55 AM EST
Tottenham Hotspur have unveiled their new home and away shirts for the 2013-14 season and they are very HP, as in Hewlett Packard, the American tech company.
The shirts are designed by American fitness apparel company, Under Armour.
The home kit (pictured right) does well to maintain Spurs’ traditional look pairing a white shirt with a blue collar and white taping around the neck with blue shorts and blue socks.
The club’s official website explains the design is made to “pay tribute to the kits worn during the Club’s successful 1960s period” and that the cadet blue is “the deepest, darkest blue that Spurs have worn.”
The away kit (pictured below) is a departure from tradition, utilizing a “new energetic bright blue dubbed Capri” through the shirt, shorts and socks.
Both shirts have one thing in common, the massive HP logo splashed across the chest.
Perhaps most importantly, the lead model for the photos is non other than Gareth Bale, a role that conventional wisdom suggest would not be handed out if Spurs were planning to entertain a move for the Welshman away from White Hart Lane.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3