Jul 10, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
We all knew the atmosphere would be brilliant for a U.S. match in Stumptown — even for a lopsided contest against Belize, a team of amateurs that apparently included six police officers.
Let’s hope they keep the law in the tiny Central American land better than they keep the ball on match day.
But never mind that – back to Portland, which hosted its first U.S. men’s national team contest since the memorable 1997 World Cup qualifier. (Thanks, Tab Ramos!)
Here’s how the USMNT night in Portland started, with the kind of clever tifo you’d expect from the Jeld-Wen faithful. Be sure to hang in there; it’s less than 90 seconds total. Because if you don’t watch all the way through, you won’t see green jacketed Uncle Sam rising majestically before the American Outlaw contingent.
Well done, guys.
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 0
- Arsenal confirm $27 million signing of Calum Chambers 0
- Manchester City host #AskJesus (Navas) Twitter chat, hilarious comments ensue 1
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 1
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5