Jul 10, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
We all knew the atmosphere would be brilliant for a U.S. match in Stumptown — even for a lopsided contest against Belize, a team of amateurs that apparently included six police officers.
Let’s hope they keep the law in the tiny Central American land better than they keep the ball on match day.
But never mind that – back to Portland, which hosted its first U.S. men’s national team contest since the memorable 1997 World Cup qualifier. (Thanks, Tab Ramos!)
Here’s how the USMNT night in Portland started, with the kind of clever tifo you’d expect from the Jeld-Wen faithful. Be sure to hang in there; it’s less than 90 seconds total. Because if you don’t watch all the way through, you won’t see green jacketed Uncle Sam rising majestically before the American Outlaw contingent.
Well done, guys.
- Watch Live: Chicago Fire at San Jose Earthquakes (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 1
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1
- USMNT prospect Gedion Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 4
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 8