Jul 10, 2013, 11:40 AM EST
We all knew the atmosphere would be brilliant for a U.S. match in Stumptown — even for a lopsided contest against Belize, a team of amateurs that apparently included six police officers.
Let’s hope they keep the law in the tiny Central American land better than they keep the ball on match day.
But never mind that – back to Portland, which hosted its first U.S. men’s national team contest since the memorable 1997 World Cup qualifier. (Thanks, Tab Ramos!)
Here’s how the USMNT night in Portland started, with the kind of clever tifo you’d expect from the Jeld-Wen faithful. Be sure to hang in there; it’s less than 90 seconds total. Because if you don’t watch all the way through, you won’t see green jacketed Uncle Sam rising majestically before the American Outlaw contingent.
Well done, guys.
- Tuesday’s Premier League roundup: Saints, Villa win; Hull, Sunderland draw 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: Toronto FC 0
- Aston Villa 2-1 West Bromwich Albion: Late drama hands Sherwood first win (video) 0
- Southampton 1-0 Crystal Palace: Mane’s late goal gets Saints back on track (video) 0
- Update on MLS labor strike: Players Union, league at impasse as situation looks dire 8
- 2015 MLS Season Preview: Top 10 Newcomers 1