Jul 10, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
We all knew the atmosphere would be brilliant for a U.S. match in Stumptown — even for a lopsided contest against Belize, a team of amateurs that apparently included six police officers.
Let’s hope they keep the law in the tiny Central American land better than they keep the ball on match day.
But never mind that – back to Portland, which hosted its first U.S. men’s national team contest since the memorable 1997 World Cup qualifier. (Thanks, Tab Ramos!)
Here’s how the USMNT night in Portland started, with the kind of clever tifo you’d expect from the Jeld-Wen faithful. Be sure to hang in there; it’s less than 90 seconds total. Because if you don’t watch all the way through, you won’t see green jacketed Uncle Sam rising majestically before the American Outlaw contingent.
Well done, guys.
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 0
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0
- Stoke 2-1 Swansea: Substitutes pick up three points for the Potters 0
- Liverpool must improve, and they know it, despite late win at QPR 3
- VIDEO: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Pair of own goals dooms QPR after insane final six minutes 1