Jul 10, 2013, 3:37 PM EST
Roberto Martinez will need to sit down in a dark room when this week is over, because boy, he’s been busy.
Everton’s new manager made his fourth signing of the week, as Barcelona’s teenage prodigy Gerard Deulofeu signed on a season-long loan deal from the Nou Camp.
One of the rising stars in Spanish soccer, Deulofeu caught the attention of every scout at the U-20 World Cup in Turkey this summer. And Everton have nabbed him.
Tottenham and Liverpool have been after the 19-year-old attacker who scored 18 goals in 33 games for Barcelona’s B side last season. But he’s picked the Toffees.
It really is quite the coup for Martinez’ men as Deulofeu hails from the famed La Masia academy that produced the likes of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi.
Need I say more?
Ignore the cheesy techno music in the video below, or put it on mute if you want. With or without sound, this young Spaniard is pure class.
Take a peek for yourself.
- Looking back on 2013: Talking through Real Salt Lake’s path to MLS Cup 1
- WATCH: PST Extra – Will Everton upset Arsenal? Can Man United bounce back vs. Newcastle? 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: Sunderland and Everton to upset odds 4
- Kyle Martino chats Andre Villas-Boas drama and Premier League parity 0
- Mike Magee Wins 2013 MLS Most Valuable Player Award 5
- USA fear toughest ever World Cup draw but relish chance to make history 5
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 3
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 5
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (22)
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three (11)