Jul 10, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Roberto Martinez will need to sit down in a dark room when this week is over, because boy, he’s been busy.
Everton’s new manager made his fourth signing of the week, as Barcelona’s teenage prodigy Gerard Deulofeu signed on a season-long loan deal from the Nou Camp.
One of the rising stars in Spanish soccer, Deulofeu caught the attention of every scout at the U-20 World Cup in Turkey this summer. And Everton have nabbed him.
Tottenham and Liverpool have been after the 19-year-old attacker who scored 18 goals in 33 games for Barcelona’s B side last season. But he’s picked the Toffees.
It really is quite the coup for Martinez’ men as Deulofeu hails from the famed La Masia academy that produced the likes of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi.
Need I say more?
Ignore the cheesy techno music in the video below, or put it on mute if you want. With or without sound, this young Spaniard is pure class.
Take a peek for yourself.
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 1
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 1
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers