Jul 10, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Roberto Martinez will need to sit down in a dark room when this week is over, because boy, he’s been busy.
Everton’s new manager made his fourth signing of the week, as Barcelona’s teenage prodigy Gerard Deulofeu signed on a season-long loan deal from the Nou Camp.
One of the rising stars in Spanish soccer, Deulofeu caught the attention of every scout at the U-20 World Cup in Turkey this summer. And Everton have nabbed him.
Tottenham and Liverpool have been after the 19-year-old attacker who scored 18 goals in 33 games for Barcelona’s B side last season. But he’s picked the Toffees.
It really is quite the coup for Martinez’ men as Deulofeu hails from the famed La Masia academy that produced the likes of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi.
Need I say more?
Ignore the cheesy techno music in the video below, or put it on mute if you want. With or without sound, this young Spaniard is pure class.
Take a peek for yourself.
- Barcelona’s transfer ban suspended by FIFA, should allow club to make summer moves 0
- Champions League preview: Defending champion Bayern Munich looks to end Real Madrid quest for 10th title 0
- Alex Ferguson backed David Moyes’ firing, will help select a successor 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 7 0
- Five moments that defined Chelsea’s Champions League trip to Atlético Madrid 0
- Three things we learned from Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea 2