Jul 10, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Roberto Martinez will need to sit down in a dark room when this week is over, because boy, he’s been busy.
Everton’s new manager made his fourth signing of the week, as Barcelona’s teenage prodigy Gerard Deulofeu signed on a season-long loan deal from the Nou Camp.
One of the rising stars in Spanish soccer, Deulofeu caught the attention of every scout at the U-20 World Cup in Turkey this summer. And Everton have nabbed him.
Tottenham and Liverpool have been after the 19-year-old attacker who scored 18 goals in 33 games for Barcelona’s B side last season. But he’s picked the Toffees.
It really is quite the coup for Martinez’ men as Deulofeu hails from the famed La Masia academy that produced the likes of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi.
Need I say more?
Ignore the cheesy techno music in the video below, or put it on mute if you want. With or without sound, this young Spaniard is pure class.
Take a peek for yourself.
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 0
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 2
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 4