Jul 11, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Just one relatively disappointing season after he shoved his way out of Fulham, he may be moving on again.
He scored just 7 Premier League goals last season in 29 appearances (22 starts) for Spurs, and there has been talk of a loan move while Andre Villas-Boas figures out the pecking order of his front midfield and strike force. However, it would seem that – if true – AVB has decided to simply part ways with the American.
Dempsey was looking for bigger and better things – most notably Champions League play – when he made a somewhat fiery exit from Craven Cottage last summer on just before the deadline. Spurs just barely missed qualification for the Champions League for the second straight season.
There are still two years remaining on the 30-year-old’s deal at White Hart Lane, and Clint’s agent Lyle Yorks told MLSsoccer.com in May “Tottenham are very happy with Clint and he is very happy with them. There’s no truth to the [the report].”
It’s a bit of poor timing for Dempsey with the World Cup a season away, and he’ll want to get his future sorted out relatively quickly as the international game heats up in preparation for Brazil.
- After strong first legs, can MLS teams advance in Champions League 0
- Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness jailed 3.5 years for tax evasion 1
- Manchester United vs. Liverpool, Sherwood’s struggles, MLS mega-match – View from the Booth, with Arlo White 1
- Eric Cantona arrested on suspicion of assault 2
- Report: Nicklas Bendtner gets hammered, drops pants and wipes himself on taxi 2
- Second half heroics from Jaime Penedo give LA Galaxy 1-0 lead ahead of leg two in Tijuana 2
- FC Dallas Should Be Well Represented at Inaugural MLS Homegrown Game
- Zach Scott Column: It's When I'm not Playing, I Appreciate our Fans Most
- Man United Legend Eric Cantona Arrested in London
- Messi Magic is Due to La Masia
- Heaps: There wasn’t much to be positive about
- Lesson Learned: Galaxy Holds off Furious Xolos bid
- Mesut Özil set to Miss North London Derby Against Tottenham
- Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner Drunk and Disorderly in Denmark
- Galaxy Take Narrow but Deserved Lead to TJ
- Extending Matt Hedges Contract No-Brainer for FC Dallas