Jul 11, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
Just one relatively disappointing season after he shoved his way out of Fulham, he may be moving on again.
He scored just 7 Premier League goals last season in 29 appearances (22 starts) for Spurs, and there has been talk of a loan move while Andre Villas-Boas figures out the pecking order of his front midfield and strike force. However, it would seem that – if true – AVB has decided to simply part ways with the American.
Dempsey was looking for bigger and better things – most notably Champions League play – when he made a somewhat fiery exit from Craven Cottage last summer on just before the deadline. Spurs just barely missed qualification for the Champions League for the second straight season.
There are still two years remaining on the 30-year-old’s deal at White Hart Lane, and Clint’s agent Lyle Yorks told MLSsoccer.com in May “Tottenham are very happy with Clint and he is very happy with them. There’s no truth to the [the report].”
It’s a bit of poor timing for Dempsey with the World Cup a season away, and he’ll want to get his future sorted out relatively quickly as the international game heats up in preparation for Brazil.
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 0
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 4
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Old Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0