Jul 11, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
Nothing like a good goal celebration.
The back-flip has long been a favorite of mine – not to perform of course, but to watch.
Kenwyne Jones, Obafemi Martins, Nani and Lomana LuaLua are four of history’s best flippers.
The problem is the routine is inherently dangerous, not to mention that it typically gives manager’s heart-attacks.
Lua Lua nearly put Harry Redknapp in a body bag in September 2006 when he celebrated his match-winner against Charlton with a trademark flip after receiving strict orders from the Portsmouth manager not to mark his goals with the acrobatic celebration after injuring himself the prior season.
Internacional manager Giovanni Luigi is now likely to be feeling the same level of anxiety after his 19 year old forward, Maurides, suffered a knee injury pulling the same move in celebration of his first goal of his professional career.
Check out video of Maurides celebration gone wrong.
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra – What should we expect from the Premier League’s promoted three? 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Liverpool 2
- VIDEO: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard dances around Barcelona to score magical goal 0
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 3
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 18