Jul 11, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
Nothing like a good goal celebration.
The back-flip has long been a favorite of mine – not to perform of course, but to watch.
Kenwyne Jones, Obafemi Martins, Nani and Lomana LuaLua are four of history’s best flippers.
The problem is the routine is inherently dangerous, not to mention that it typically gives manager’s heart-attacks.
Lua Lua nearly put Harry Redknapp in a body bag in September 2006 when he celebrated his match-winner against Charlton with a trademark flip after receiving strict orders from the Portsmouth manager not to mark his goals with the acrobatic celebration after injuring himself the prior season.
Internacional manager Giovanni Luigi is now likely to be feeling the same level of anxiety after his 19 year old forward, Maurides, suffered a knee injury pulling the same move in celebration of his first goal of his professional career.
Check out video of Maurides celebration gone wrong.
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 4 0
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 0
- Prolific U.S. U-17 striker chooses club home in NASL 2
- How will the USMNT line up against Switzerland? 3
- British exec says England could look towards 2030 World Cup bid 1
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 2-1 Toronto FC 2