Jul 11, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
When Chris Wondolowski scored a first-half hat-trick against Belize with “Wondowlowski” on the back of his jersey, Kei Kamara took notice.
So now, thanks to a wonderful image from Sporting KC kit manager Michael Flaherty, we see what Kamara’s got up his sleeve for their upcoming match against Toronto FC on Saturday.
Whether he’ll wear it or not, “Kamwara” will have new inspiration to drive him to grab his fifth MLS goal of the season, and possibly more.
Flaherty’s take: “Hey, it worked for Wondo.” We’ll certainly give you that.
Don’t forget, with his corrected jersey on for the second half, Wondolowski was shut out. Just sayin’
Sporting will host the East’s 9th place club with their eyes on the top spot in the conference.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 2
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 8
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 6
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0