Jul 11, 2013, 3:42 PM EST
File this one under the “you still haven’t seen it all” category.
The agent of Sporting Lisbon teen Bruma has claimed fans attempted to kidnap his client to prevent him from completing a move to Stamford Bridge.
According to what Catio Balde told Portuguese national radio Radio Antena 1, members of the supporters group “Juve Leo” attempted to snatch the winger from his hotel room in Portugal.
The kicker? Balde claims the kidnapping was at the request of his current club.
Balde claims the police are on the case, and that there will be charges pressed, calling it a “very serious and unpleasant matter.” He also told media that “at the moment, Bruma’s mind is not on Sporting” which backs up claims that he will not be attending preseason training.
Finally, Balde confirmed the 18-year-old has at least two offers for his services. “I was in charge of presenting offers to Sporting. There are offers from foreign clubs, from Chelsea and from Galatasaray, worth €8million that could reach €12million” said the agent. Bruma was a member of Portugal’s U-20 side that lost to Ghana in the World Cup round of 16 last week.
At this point it’s still just the world of a player’s agent. Still, you can imagine this will make its way to FIFA soon, and if the club was indeed behind the failed snatching, the organization may not take it easy on the Portugese giants.
Even if they did manage to grab the kid, how did they think this would end? A very puzzling matter indeed.
- WATCH: Premier League live on NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 29 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 6
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keeps Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls
- Three Star Toluca Dominate in Victory Over Puebla
- Sweden Clash U.S. Women's National Team Undefeated 2-Year Record
- Captain America to Visit Chivas USA
- Lockout Virus Continues, MLS to Start 2014 with Replacement Refs
- Revs To Rely on Intensity, Depth in Opener vs. Dynamo
- Three Keys & One Standout for Toronto FC
- The John Strong Interview. Part 1 - MLS 2014
- Gonzalo Pineda: ''Playing Outside of Mexico Has Always Been a Goal''