Jul 11, 2013, 3:42 PM EDT
File this one under the “you still haven’t seen it all” category.
The agent of Sporting Lisbon teen Bruma has claimed fans attempted to kidnap his client to prevent him from completing a move to Stamford Bridge.
According to what Catio Balde told Portuguese national radio Radio Antena 1, members of the supporters group “Juve Leo” attempted to snatch the winger from his hotel room in Portugal.
The kicker? Balde claims the kidnapping was at the request of his current club.
Balde claims the police are on the case, and that there will be charges pressed, calling it a “very serious and unpleasant matter.” He also told media that “at the moment, Bruma’s mind is not on Sporting” which backs up claims that he will not be attending preseason training.
Finally, Balde confirmed the 18-year-old has at least two offers for his services. “I was in charge of presenting offers to Sporting. There are offers from foreign clubs, from Chelsea and from Galatasaray, worth €8million that could reach €12million” said the agent. Bruma was a member of Portugal’s U-20 side that lost to Ghana in the World Cup round of 16 last week.
At this point it’s still just the world of a player’s agent. Still, you can imagine this will make its way to FIFA soon, and if the club was indeed behind the failed snatching, the organization may not take it easy on the Portugese giants.
Even if they did manage to grab the kid, how did they think this would end? A very puzzling matter indeed.
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 0
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3
- Report: Xavi’s move to New York City FC collapses, will remain at Barcelona 4