Jul 11, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Manchester United confirmed via Twitter that Wayne Rooney was sent home from their tour of the Far East with a hamstring injury that will sideline him for a month.
Let the speculation begin.
With rumors abound of Rooney’s departure from Old Trafford, this will only fuel the fire, whether it’s legitimate or not.
According to United, the injury was suffered in training Thursday, their very first training session of the tournament in Bangkok, Thailand.
Their first real important fixture is August 11 against Wigan in the Community Shield, before opening Premier League play August 17 at Swansea City.
Oddly enough, David Moyes stressed just the day before that the 27-year-old was in “the best shape [the club] has seen him in for a long time” and that he was going to get the “best Wayne Rooney I possibly can.”
Apparently now the best Wayne Rooney is one sent back to England, where rumors can continue to spread about his departure.
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 1
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 1
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 2
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1