Jul 13, 2013, 7:43 PM EDT
Put down your drink, stop everything you’re doing and hit the play button on the video below.
That’s if you want to see a truly sensational goal scored by Martin Hinteregger of Red Bull Salzburg.
The Austrian player collected the ball from his goalkeeper, turned away from one player and then unleashed an incredible strike from well inside his own half of the field. Maybe the New York Red Bulls should take this guy from their partner club over in Austria and bring him to MLS.
Just a thought.
How did Hinteregger get so much accuracy and power from so far away? Take a bow, Martin.
He may have been taking secret lessons from David Beckham. Because Becks has scored some pretty sensational long range goals over the years. Against Wimbledon as a youngster at Manchester United, and then whilst playing for the LA Galaxy against Kansas City.
But going back to Hinteregger’s stunning effort, make sure you check out the Schalke ‘keepers despairing dive to try and get to the ball clearly soaring over his head and into the top corner. He could be an Olympic high-jumper with a leap like that!
Remember the name Martin Hinteregger. Because this goal is sure to crop up in plenty of highlight reel videos for years to come.
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes