Jul 13, 2013, 9:03 AM EDT
The weather was absolutely terrible for soccer. Great, perhaps, for any ducks waddling into PPL Park off the Delaware River. Or for a raincoat salesman. But, yes, pretty awful for soccer.
And the weather played a big part, as slips and refereeing yips ruled in Philadelphia’s 3-1 victory.
We’ll go over the match’s controversial moment in another PST post – and the moment was definitely a turning point in the result as well.
You’ll also see two goals from Conor Casey, who is enjoying a fantastic season now that he has fully recovered from the Achilles tear that took him out of action for several months. Casey has 7 goals and 4 assists, helping ensure that the Union isn’t overly dependent on Jack McInerney.
- Premier League roundup: Tense Saturday, as relegation battle intensifies 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Aston Villa: Stunning finish sees City hold on after Guzan’s blunder 1
- Back in the big time: Watford promoted to the Premier League 3
- Burnley 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes move out of drop zone, send Clarets bottom! 0
- Southampton 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: Visitors twice come back from Pelle goals 0
- Watch Live: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool (Lineups and Live Stream) 0