Jul 13, 2013, 9:03 AM EDT
The weather was absolutely terrible for soccer. Great, perhaps, for any ducks waddling into PPL Park off the Delaware River. Or for a raincoat salesman. But, yes, pretty awful for soccer.
And the weather played a big part, as slips and refereeing yips ruled in Philadelphia’s 3-1 victory.
We’ll go over the match’s controversial moment in another PST post – and the moment was definitely a turning point in the result as well.
You’ll also see two goals from Conor Casey, who is enjoying a fantastic season now that he has fully recovered from the Achilles tear that took him out of action for several months. Casey has 7 goals and 4 assists, helping ensure that the Union isn’t overly dependent on Jack McInerney.
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0
- Hull City 0-0 Manchester United: Tigers go down after squandering chances 0
- Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham United: Sissoko, Jonas leave nothing to chance 0
- VIDEO: Theo Walcott’s first-half hat trick will live in Boaz Myhill’s dreams 0
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0