Jul 13, 2013, 9:03 AM EDT
The weather was absolutely terrible for soccer. Great, perhaps, for any ducks waddling into PPL Park off the Delaware River. Or for a raincoat salesman. But, yes, pretty awful for soccer.
And the weather played a big part, as slips and refereeing yips ruled in Philadelphia’s 3-1 victory.
We’ll go over the match’s controversial moment in another PST post – and the moment was definitely a turning point in the result as well.
You’ll also see two goals from Conor Casey, who is enjoying a fantastic season now that he has fully recovered from the Achilles tear that took him out of action for several months. Casey has 7 goals and 4 assists, helping ensure that the Union isn’t overly dependent on Jack McInerney.
- Tim Howard taking a break from U.S. international duty 4
- Report: Xabi Alonso heading to Manchester United 6
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 16
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 2
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 3