Jul 13, 2013, 9:03 AM EDT
The weather was absolutely terrible for soccer. Great, perhaps, for any ducks waddling into PPL Park off the Delaware River. Or for a raincoat salesman. But, yes, pretty awful for soccer.
And the weather played a big part, as slips and refereeing yips ruled in Philadelphia’s 3-1 victory.
We’ll go over the match’s controversial moment in another PST post – and the moment was definitely a turning point in the result as well.
You’ll also see two goals from Conor Casey, who is enjoying a fantastic season now that he has fully recovered from the Achilles tear that took him out of action for several months. Casey has 7 goals and 4 assists, helping ensure that the Union isn’t overly dependent on Jack McInerney.
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0