Jul 13, 2013, 9:03 AM EDT
The weather was absolutely terrible for soccer. Great, perhaps, for any ducks waddling into PPL Park off the Delaware River. Or for a raincoat salesman. But, yes, pretty awful for soccer.
And the weather played a big part, as slips and refereeing yips ruled in Philadelphia’s 3-1 victory.
We’ll go over the match’s controversial moment in another PST post – and the moment was definitely a turning point in the result as well.
You’ll also see two goals from Conor Casey, who is enjoying a fantastic season now that he has fully recovered from the Achilles tear that took him out of action for several months. Casey has 7 goals and 4 assists, helping ensure that the Union isn’t overly dependent on Jack McInerney.
- 2015 Gold Cup: Three things we learned from the USA’s 2-1 victory over Honduras 0
- USMNT 2-1 Honduras: Dempsey brace enough for sloppy Yanks 1
- LOGO: Atlanta United unveils logo, makes name official at Tuesday event 2
- FOLLOW LIVE: USMNT begins Gold Cup defense versus Honduras (Lineups) 0
- WATCH: President Obama calls & congratulates USWNT, invites team to White House 0
- 2015 Gold Cup predictions: Can the USMNT win back-to-back titles? Here’s our picks… 1