Jul 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Relive the USA’s 4-1 win over Cuba as Chris Wondolowski scored a double off the bench to help the U.S. national team clinch a spot in the Gold Cup quarterfinals.
Landon Donovan early recorded his 53rd goal for the USA, from the penalty spot after Edgar Castillo was brought down. And make sure you check out Joe Corona’s first ever international goal, pretty stunning strike from the exciting midfielder at Rio Tinto Stadium.
With the final Group C contest to come against Costa Rica in Hartford, Connecticut this week, the USA know another big win would guarantee them the best possible seeding for the quarterfinals.
Let’s hope Jurgen Klinsmann’s men bring their shooting boots once more, as that is now 16 goals scored in their last three games.
Goals galore. Enjoy reliving the rout. This is becoming a routine now for U.S. national team fans.
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 0
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 4
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 3
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 5
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 7
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 7