Jul 13, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Chances seem quite high that all U.S. players’ names will be checked, verified, corroborated and then triple-dog checked ahead of today’s match in Utah.
Everyone had a good time Tuesday with the jersey misspelling of hat trick hero Chris Wondolowski, but you’d have to assume that was a very, very bad day for the program’s equipment team.
However, if the near-impossible comes to fruition and someone’s name does get butchered – It probably could happen, actually, but only as some intentional, cheeky tribute to the well-liked “Wondo” or as some superstitious hat trick gambit – then it’s nice to know that a good fellow like Drew Carey is around to make it all better.
The Price is Right host, a noted U.S. Soccer superfan, donated $5,000 to two charities in exchange for the jersey Wondolowski wore Tuesday when his hat trick helped take down Belize, 6-1, in the CONCACAF Gold Cup group play match.
Carey allowed Wondolowski to choose the charities; he selected Nike N7 FUND and Soccer Streets USA to split the money. The U.S. striker serves as an ambassador for both charities.
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 1
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 1
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers