Jul 18, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
You’ve got to hand it to Paul Lambert, the man has a plan and he’s sticking to it.
The plan is simple, secure as much youth talent as possible, whether it be through the transfer market or by re-signing players.
Today, the Villa manager added to his impressive list of deals this summer by re-signing 23 year old defender, Ciaran Clark.
In addition to Clark, here’s a list of deals that Lambert has penned so far this summer:
- Antonio Luna: 22 year old Spanish left-back signed from Sevilla
- Aleksandar Tonev: 22 year old Bulgarian winger signed from Lech Poznan
- Jores Okore: 20 year old Ivorian center-back signed from FC Nordsjaelland
- Leandro Bacuna: 21 year old Dutch midfielder signed from FC Groningen
- Nicklas Helenius: 22 year old striker signed from Danish League side Aalborg BK
- Jed Steer: 20 year old goal-keeper signed from Norwich City
- Nathan Baker: 22 year old defender re-signed this summer
- Andreas Weimann: 21 year old winger re-signed this summer
Clark’s deal is a three year contract that will see the 6’2″ center-back at Villa Park through 2016. The Republic of Ireland international, who made 29 Premier League appearances for the Villains last season scoring one goal, is thrilled with the new deal.
“From a personal point of view, I really couldn’t be more delighted or more proud,” Clark said to avfc.co.uk. “It’s what every young lad dreams about, to be able to play for a club like Aston Villa.”
You can find Mike on Twitter @mprindi
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 0
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 3
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1