Jul 18, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Word from Reuters is that Fiorentina have reached an agreement to sell Montenegrin forward Stevan Jovetic to Manchester City.
The announcement came from the Serie A club, with their Twitter feed confirming, “[an] agreement reached with Manchester City Football Club for the definitive transfer of the player Stevan Jovetic.”
Subject to agreeing to personal terms and passing a medical exam, Jovetic will become City’s fourth major signing of the summer transfer window.
The Citizens already have signed winger Jesus Navas from Sevilla on a $26 million (£17m) deal, Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk for $53 million (£35m), Alvaro Negredo from Sevilla for $33.5 million (£22m).
The deal for Jovetic is expected to be in the range of $35 million (£23m), although the specific numbers have yet to be confirmed. Expect Jovetic make his impact on the wings, as a supporting striker, or leading the line for City.
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 0
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 6
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 3
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0