Jul 18, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Word from Reuters is that Fiorentina have reached an agreement to sell Montenegrin forward Stevan Jovetic to Manchester City.
The announcement came from the Serie A club, with their Twitter feed confirming, “[an] agreement reached with Manchester City Football Club for the definitive transfer of the player Stevan Jovetic.”
Subject to agreeing to personal terms and passing a medical exam, Jovetic will become City’s fourth major signing of the summer transfer window.
The Citizens already have signed winger Jesus Navas from Sevilla on a $26 million (£17m) deal, Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk for $53 million (£35m), Alvaro Negredo from Sevilla for $33.5 million (£22m).
The deal for Jovetic is expected to be in the range of $35 million (£23m), although the specific numbers have yet to be confirmed. Expect Jovetic make his impact on the wings, as a supporting striker, or leading the line for City.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0