Jul 18, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Word from Reuters is that Fiorentina have reached an agreement to sell Montenegrin forward Stevan Jovetic to Manchester City.
The announcement came from the Serie A club, with their Twitter feed confirming, “[an] agreement reached with Manchester City Football Club for the definitive transfer of the player Stevan Jovetic.”
Subject to agreeing to personal terms and passing a medical exam, Jovetic will become City’s fourth major signing of the summer transfer window.
The Citizens already have signed winger Jesus Navas from Sevilla on a $26 million (£17m) deal, Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk for $53 million (£35m), Alvaro Negredo from Sevilla for $33.5 million (£22m).
The deal for Jovetic is expected to be in the range of $35 million (£23m), although the specific numbers have yet to be confirmed. Expect Jovetic make his impact on the wings, as a supporting striker, or leading the line for City.
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0
- Liverpool, Barca target could become youngest capped in Norway history 2
- Americans Abroad Wrap: US teenagers go distance for Fulham, Utrecht 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Celebrating the Premier League’s return (and a Mickey Rourke encounter) 3