Jul 18, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Word from Reuters is that Fiorentina have reached an agreement to sell Montenegrin forward Stevan Jovetic to Manchester City.
The announcement came from the Serie A club, with their Twitter feed confirming, “[an] agreement reached with Manchester City Football Club for the definitive transfer of the player Stevan Jovetic.”
Subject to agreeing to personal terms and passing a medical exam, Jovetic will become City’s fourth major signing of the summer transfer window.
The Citizens already have signed winger Jesus Navas from Sevilla on a $26 million (£17m) deal, Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk for $53 million (£35m), Alvaro Negredo from Sevilla for $33.5 million (£22m).
The deal for Jovetic is expected to be in the range of $35 million (£23m), although the specific numbers have yet to be confirmed. Expect Jovetic make his impact on the wings, as a supporting striker, or leading the line for City.
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 0
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 1
- League Cup Roundup: Balotelli saves Liverpool, Newcastle defeat Manchester City 0
- Report: Spanish legend Raul signs with the New York Cosmos 0
- Kolorov: City have been better than United for ‘five or six years’ 0
- MLS Playoffs Knockout Round Preview: Win or go home 1