Jul 18, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Word from Reuters is that Fiorentina have reached an agreement to sell Montenegrin forward Stevan Jovetic to Manchester City.
The announcement came from the Serie A club, with their Twitter feed confirming, “[an] agreement reached with Manchester City Football Club for the definitive transfer of the player Stevan Jovetic.”
Subject to agreeing to personal terms and passing a medical exam, Jovetic will become City’s fourth major signing of the summer transfer window.
The Citizens already have signed winger Jesus Navas from Sevilla on a $26 million (£17m) deal, Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk for $53 million (£35m), Alvaro Negredo from Sevilla for $33.5 million (£22m).
The deal for Jovetic is expected to be in the range of $35 million (£23m), although the specific numbers have yet to be confirmed. Expect Jovetic make his impact on the wings, as a supporting striker, or leading the line for City.
- Three Liverpool players on PFA Player of the Year shortlist 0
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 1