Jul 18, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
Taking a break from a preseason tour of Costa Rica, Fulham CEO Alistair Mackintosh, manager Martin Jol and captain Brede Hangeland will all be present at a press conference in Jacksonville, Fla., on Friday.
Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shahid Khan, who recently bought Fulham from Mohamed Al Fayed, will welcome his new team’s delegates to EverBank Field.
So what could they be announcing?
Khan could be interested in owning a Major League Soccer franchise in Jacksonville. However, with David Beckham on the prowl for a Floridian expansion team in Miami, the odds of that are slim. After all, the league couldn’t support two teams in Florida before.
The most likely scenario: Fulham will be playing a friendly in Jacksonville at some point in the near future. It seems unlikely that it would happen this summer, although Fulham has an eight-day gap between a friendly against Deportivo Saprissa on July 20 and one at Werder Bremen on July 28.
ActionNewsJax.com will stream the press conference live, at 4 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday.
- Watch Live: Seattle Sounders vs. L.A. Galaxy (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real fight back to seal El Clasico victory 0
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2
- West Ham United 2-1 Manchester City: Hammers stun reigning champs 1
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 9 0