Jul 19, 2013, 3:54 PM EDT
In this Friday’s version of MLS Insider, U.S. Men’s National Team and AS Roma midfielder Michael Bradley looks back on his life growing up as a child of Major League Soccer.
With his father as an assistant coach for DC United (1996-1997), and later as head coach of the Chicago Fire (1998-2002) and the New York/New Jersey Metrostars (2003-2005), Michael talks about his interactions with MLS players and how they influenced his own training habits.
Bradley goes on to discuss his decision to become a Project 40 player, which led to his being drafted by the Metrostars and signed to his first professional contract at the age of 16.
Look for more MLS Insider videos here on ProSoccerTalk, and you can watch MLS Insider every Friday at 7:30 pm ET on NBC Sports Network.
- U-20 World Cup preview: The groups, the favorites, USA outlook and the game’s future stars 0
- Gulati: U.S. Soccer will vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in FIFA election, not Sepp Blatter 5
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: Summer transfer needs 2
- Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 4
- By the numbers: 2014-15 Premier League season in review 1
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 4