Jul 23, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have had a baby son.
Just wanted to remind you in case you hadn’t heard…
After the huge news from England broke yesterday, the soccer community has been responding to the birth of a child who is now third in line to the British throne.
Prince William is of course the President of the English Football Association, and they had this to say:
“The FA is delighted to learn of the birth of HRH the Prince of Cambridge this evening.”
Included in the message was a photo with the England squad pictured alongside William and Kate. The man second in line for the British throne became the President of the FA back in 2005.
While William is also a self confessed fan of Premier League side Aston Villa, and the Birmingham based club Tweeted out the following with this wonderful photo. (How long have they had this lined up?)
And soccer players and pundits around the globe have been commenting on the Royal Family’s newest addition. Including NBC Sports lead soccer commentator Arlo White.
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 0
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 1
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4