Jul 23, 2013, 4:44 PM EST
Hide your Canadian eyes, fans of Toronto FC, for we are about to discuss a most painful fact. Or, perhaps you already understand the significance of the date of July 18, 2012?
That is the last time the Reds won at BMO Field. Hard to believe, but true.
Last July, Toronto defeated Colorado at the Canadian club’s swell ground at Exhibition Place. Who in the world knew it would take a year (well, a year in counting …) for the Reds to win another one there?
By the way, seven of the 11 starters from that day are no longer with the team. Even in a rebuilding year – Uh, let’s see, how many of these in a row now for TFC …? – you would think Ryan Nelsen’s team could turn up a bit more home success.
TFC’s one home win this year, back in March over Sporting Kansas City, came indoors at the Rogers Centre.
Toronto’s next opportunity to spin out of this embarrassing bit is a pretty good one: they play slumping Columbus on Saturday at BMO.
- Tim Howard on his stunning display vs. Arsenal, Everton’s good form, tough draw for USA 0
- David Moyes takes “complete responsibility” for Manchester United’s shocking start 1
- Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery to battle it out for Ballon d’Or 1
- Kind draws could give Messi, Ronaldo head start on World Cup 2014′s Golden Boot 2
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)