Jul 23, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
Hide your Canadian eyes, fans of Toronto FC, for we are about to discuss a most painful fact. Or, perhaps you already understand the significance of the date of July 18, 2012?
That is the last time the Reds won at BMO Field. Hard to believe, but true.
Last July, Toronto defeated Colorado at the Canadian club’s swell ground at Exhibition Place. Who in the world knew it would take a year (well, a year in counting …) for the Reds to win another one there?
By the way, seven of the 11 starters from that day are no longer with the team. Even in a rebuilding year – Uh, let’s see, how many of these in a row now for TFC …? – you would think Ryan Nelsen’s team could turn up a bit more home success.
TFC’s one home win this year, back in March over Sporting Kansas City, came indoors at the Rogers Centre.
Toronto’s next opportunity to spin out of this embarrassing bit is a pretty good one: they play slumping Columbus on Saturday at BMO.
- Week 8 Preview: Playoff rematches in Seattle, New England; new tests for D.C., New York 0
- Schmid takes needed kick at Open Cup-Champions League hornet’s nest 6
- Weekend off gives Toronto a chance to get Michael Bradley right 2
- Home teams take leads in first legs of Europa League semifinals 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Two way tussle for top spot – Week 35 0
- Premier League Scenarios: Title Chase, Race for Europe and Relegation 2