Jul 23, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
Hide your Canadian eyes, fans of Toronto FC, for we are about to discuss a most painful fact. Or, perhaps you already understand the significance of the date of July 18, 2012?
That is the last time the Reds won at BMO Field. Hard to believe, but true.
Last July, Toronto defeated Colorado at the Canadian club’s swell ground at Exhibition Place. Who in the world knew it would take a year (well, a year in counting …) for the Reds to win another one there?
By the way, seven of the 11 starters from that day are no longer with the team. Even in a rebuilding year – Uh, let’s see, how many of these in a row now for TFC …? – you would think Ryan Nelsen’s team could turn up a bit more home success.
TFC’s one home win this year, back in March over Sporting Kansas City, came indoors at the Rogers Centre.
Toronto’s next opportunity to spin out of this embarrassing bit is a pretty good one: they play slumping Columbus on Saturday at BMO.
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0
- El Clasico: Luis Suarez, Barcelona and Real Madrid together at last 0
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 1
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6