Jul 25, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
The last 24 hours have seen multiple reports declare Arsenal are in talks with Serie A side Roma to sell oft-injured striker Gervinho.
Now, Sky Italia are reporting Gervinho has agreed to terms with the Italian club, and all that remains to complete the deal is for the two sides to close the €1.5 million ($1.98 million) gap in their evaluations of the player.
Gervinho has agreed personal terms with Roma. Still 1.5m € difference between Roma's offer and Arsenal's request—
Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) July 25, 2013
The 26-year-old Ivorian hasn’t been able to cement a solid first-team role at the Emirates since moving from Lille two years ago. Much of that is due to his long injury history. He’s also been accused of diving by Newcastle manager Alan Pardew and suspended three matches for slapping Joey Barton in his Premier League debut.
He’s scored 11 goals in 63 appearances (45 starts) for Arsenal across all competitions. Gervinho’s former manager at Lille, Rudi Garcia, is now the manager at Roma, having just taken the job in June.
Many have also speculated that the deal could involve a swap for Roma striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo instead of straight cash, although the Italian has not nailed down where he wishes to end up, with Fulham also heavily in the mix.
- The Benny Feilhaber Conundrum: Has Peter Vermes finally solved the puzzle? 0
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 1
- Premier League Roundup: Moyes defeated in Everton reunion; top five snag wins 0
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 1
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Blues grab crucial away win as Hazard dazzles (video) 0
- Arsenal 2-0 Hull City: Bendtner and Ozil keep Gunners top (video) 0
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw 20
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (20)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (19)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (18)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (14)