Jul 25, 2013, 1:44 PM EDT
Premier League fans will be getting an extra match to watch during the opening week of the 2013-14 season as Chelsea’s clash with Aston Villa has been rescheduled.
The match, originally set to be played on Saturday, August 31st, will now kick-off ten days earlier on August 21st as the Blues UEFA Super Cup match against Bayern Munich has been scheduled for Saturday, August 30th. The Super Cup will be a tasty fixture as former Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho will face off against ex-Barcelona head coach Pep Guardiola.
The Premier League schedule change means that Chelsea, who open the season on August 18 against Hull City, will play two home matches in four days before making their way to Old Trafford for a titanic clash with Manchester United on August 26th.
For Aston Villa, the altered schedule means they face three of last season’s Top 7 clubs in seven days. The Villains open their season at Arsenal on August 17th before heading to Stamford Bridge on the 21st and wrapping up the week at home against Liverpool on the 24th.
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra – What should we expect from the Premier League’s promoted three? 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Liverpool 2