Jul 28, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
It appears that emotions got the better of Pep Guardiola during his first competitive match as manager of Bayern Munich as the two time Champions League winner slapped Thiago Alcantara during a talk with his players.
The slap came after the Bavarian giants conceded twice in two minutes during yesterday’s German Super Cup, which Munich lost 4-2 to rivals Borussia Dortmund.
If this kind of moment happened in professional sports in the United States, Guardiola would be looking at anything from a fine to a suspension to a lawsuit.
What kind of sanctions he’ll receive in Germany, if any, remains to be seen.
- Raheem Sterling named best young player in Europe, wins ‘Golden Boy’ award 0
- Watch Live: Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 17 0
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 2
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 2
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3