Jul 28, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
It appears that emotions got the better of Pep Guardiola during his first competitive match as manager of Bayern Munich as the two time Champions League winner slapped Thiago Alcantara during a talk with his players.
The slap came after the Bavarian giants conceded twice in two minutes during yesterday’s German Super Cup, which Munich lost 4-2 to rivals Borussia Dortmund.
If this kind of moment happened in professional sports in the United States, Guardiola would be looking at anything from a fine to a suspension to a lawsuit.
What kind of sanctions he’ll receive in Germany, if any, remains to be seen.
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- Europe League roundup: Everton big winners at home; Spurs left with draw on the road 0
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 18
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 1
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 24
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0