Jul 28, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
It appears that emotions got the better of Pep Guardiola during his first competitive match as manager of Bayern Munich as the two time Champions League winner slapped Thiago Alcantara during a talk with his players.
The slap came after the Bavarian giants conceded twice in two minutes during yesterday’s German Super Cup, which Munich lost 4-2 to rivals Borussia Dortmund.
If this kind of moment happened in professional sports in the United States, Guardiola would be looking at anything from a fine to a suspension to a lawsuit.
What kind of sanctions he’ll receive in Germany, if any, remains to be seen.
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 0
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0