Jul 28, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
It appears that emotions got the better of Pep Guardiola during his first competitive match as manager of Bayern Munich as the two time Champions League winner slapped Thiago Alcantara during a talk with his players.
The slap came after the Bavarian giants conceded twice in two minutes during yesterday’s German Super Cup, which Munich lost 4-2 to rivals Borussia Dortmund.
If this kind of moment happened in professional sports in the United States, Guardiola would be looking at anything from a fine to a suspension to a lawsuit.
What kind of sanctions he’ll receive in Germany, if any, remains to be seen.
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 10
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0