Jul 28, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
It appears that emotions got the better of Pep Guardiola during his first competitive match as manager of Bayern Munich as the two time Champions League winner slapped Thiago Alcantara during a talk with his players.
The slap came after the Bavarian giants conceded twice in two minutes during yesterday’s German Super Cup, which Munich lost 4-2 to rivals Borussia Dortmund.
If this kind of moment happened in professional sports in the United States, Guardiola would be looking at anything from a fine to a suspension to a lawsuit.
What kind of sanctions he’ll receive in Germany, if any, remains to be seen.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3