Jul 28, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
It appears that emotions got the better of Pep Guardiola during his first competitive match as manager of Bayern Munich as the two time Champions League winner slapped Thiago Alcantara during a talk with his players.
The slap came after the Bavarian giants conceded twice in two minutes during yesterday’s German Super Cup, which Munich lost 4-2 to rivals Borussia Dortmund.
If this kind of moment happened in professional sports in the United States, Guardiola would be looking at anything from a fine to a suspension to a lawsuit.
What kind of sanctions he’ll receive in Germany, if any, remains to be seen.
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 6
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0
- NBC to air all 10 Premier League games on final day in “Championship Sunday” extravaganza 4
- Minnesota Vikings “stepping up” bid for MLS franchise 9
- Manchester City the best paid team in sport, beat New York Yankees to accolade 4
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 6 1