Jul 30, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
Despite his 52 years of age and being hampered by weight issues, Diego Maradona still maintains a quality left peg.
So says “Gente” magazine photographer Enrique Medina, who claims that the joint FIFA Player of the 20th Century kicked him in the groin.
The incident reportedly occurred outside the house of Maradona’s father on Sunday night.
Medina told the Associated Press on Monday that Maradona ran at him “like he was taking a free-kick” and kicked him so hard in the groin and upper leg area that he “doubled over in pain.”
Sadly, video of this incident has yet to surface.
Medina failed to explain why he didn’t move to the side when Maradona began running at him or why he kept his legs spread as Maradona cocked back before unleashing fury.
Perhaps the celebrity magazine photographer didn’t know El Diego’s penchant for assaulting media that got to close to him.
In 1994, Maradona was given a two-year suspended sentence after firing an air gun at reporters while just last May he stopped his car on a highway to throw rocks at cameramen following him home from the airport.
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 3
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: New York City FC 0
- Rumors know no window: Orlando using Kaka to lure Balotelli to MLS 5
- La Liga & Serie A roundup: Draws for Real, Atletico; Salah shines for Fiorentina 0