Jul 30, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Despite his 52 years of age and being hampered by weight issues, Diego Maradona still maintains a quality left peg.
So says “Gente” magazine photographer Enrique Medina, who claims that the joint FIFA Player of the 20th Century kicked him in the groin.
The incident reportedly occurred outside the house of Maradona’s father on Sunday night.
Medina told the Associated Press on Monday that Maradona ran at him “like he was taking a free-kick” and kicked him so hard in the groin and upper leg area that he “doubled over in pain.”
Sadly, video of this incident has yet to surface.
Medina failed to explain why he didn’t move to the side when Maradona began running at him or why he kept his legs spread as Maradona cocked back before unleashing fury.
Perhaps the celebrity magazine photographer didn’t know El Diego’s penchant for assaulting media that got to close to him.
In 1994, Maradona was given a two-year suspended sentence after firing an air gun at reporters while just last May he stopped his car on a highway to throw rocks at cameramen following him home from the airport.
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 2
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0