Aug 1, 2013, 10:11 PM EST
Silly season, oh silly season.
With Twitter abound that Clint Demspey was on his way back to Major League Soccer, it appeared that one of the more ridiculous rumors was making its way around social media.
Ridiculous, until some evidence cropped up.
It may be nothing or it may be something, but whatever you want to make of it, Clint Dempsey was spotted in the customs section of the San Francisco airport. Not only that, but he was apparently headed to Seattle. Gotta love social media.
[UPDATE: Guess Seattle isn’t his final destination. Keep an eye on this. Still odd he’s in the U.S. while his team is supposedly playing in France Saturday. Could be for a host of reasons, but worth keeping an eye out.]
Before all the pictures started popping up, Seattle and Portland were the two teams rumored to be in for Demps. Portland have the top allocation spot.
Earlier, Fox Soccer anchor Keith Costigan tweeted this which fueled all the original rumors about Seattle:
The club interested in bringing Dempsey back to MLS is Seattle—
keith costigan (@KeithCostigan) August 01, 2013
This is all heavily speculative, but it’s also incredibly interesting.
With that in mind, Tottenham Hotspur are supposed to head to Monaco to play a friendly with the reborn French Ligue 1 side on Saturday, so it’s odd he would be in the United States in the first place.
To cap it all off, he was spotted in London’s Heathrow airport just a day ago. Seems our USMNT captain is logging some serious miles.
Stay tuned, folks.
UPDATE: Guess Seattle isn’t his final destination. Keep an eye on this. Still odd he’s in the U.S. while his team is supposedly playing in France Saturday. Could be for a host of reasons, but worth keeping an eye out.
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 1