Aug 2, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
The Portland Timbers granted 8-year-old Atticus Lane-Dupre’s wish to play against the team in May, as part of a Make-a-Wish Foundation experience. Instead of asking for something for himself, he wanted his Green Machine teammates to enjoy the day with him.
The Timbers Army spearheaded a crowd of 3,000-plus people on a Wednesday morning. Fair warning: you’ll need some tissues on hand while you watch this one.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0