Aug 2, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
The Portland Timbers granted 8-year-old Atticus Lane-Dupre’s wish to play against the team in May, as part of a Make-a-Wish Foundation experience. Instead of asking for something for himself, he wanted his Green Machine teammates to enjoy the day with him.
The Timbers Army spearheaded a crowd of 3,000-plus people on a Wednesday morning. Fair warning: you’ll need some tissues on hand while you watch this one.
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0
- Captain Clint fires Seattle Sounders to US Open Cup crown in 3-1 extra time win over Philadelphia 6
- Report: FA to overhaul work permit rules to cut down on non-EU players 6
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Liverpool win late; Real Madrid, Dortmund victorious 0
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal: Gunners outclassed by BVB 9
- Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets: Gerrard grabs last-gasp winner after scare 0