Aug 2, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
The Portland Timbers granted 8-year-old Atticus Lane-Dupre’s wish to play against the team in May, as part of a Make-a-Wish Foundation experience. Instead of asking for something for himself, he wanted his Green Machine teammates to enjoy the day with him.
The Timbers Army spearheaded a crowd of 3,000-plus people on a Wednesday morning. Fair warning: you’ll need some tissues on hand while you watch this one.
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 5
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 3