Aug 3, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
In the latest episode of MLS Insider, which aired on NBC Sports Network on Friday night, one segment of the show looked at the important role MLS youth academies are now playing in the league’s development.
One team in particular is taking the academy system very seriously.
The New England Revolution have been huge advocates of youth development over the years, and the latest crop of young talent from the north east has everyone excited. Especially Revs’ boss Jay Heaps.
Plenty of New England’s youngsters are already having a huge impact on the first team, and Diego Fagundez’ star continues to rise… but the young striker hasn’t even got his high school diploma yet. Since its inception in 2007, over 80 homegrown players have been produced from MLS academies.
So sit back and enjoy hearing from plenty of MLS stars who came through the academy system.
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6