Aug 3, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
In the latest episode of MLS Insider, which aired on NBC Sports Network on Friday night, one segment of the show looked at the important role MLS youth academies are now playing in the league’s development.
One team in particular is taking the academy system very seriously.
The New England Revolution have been huge advocates of youth development over the years, and the latest crop of young talent from the north east has everyone excited. Especially Revs’ boss Jay Heaps.
Plenty of New England’s youngsters are already having a huge impact on the first team, and Diego Fagundez’ star continues to rise… but the young striker hasn’t even got his high school diploma yet. Since its inception in 2007, over 80 homegrown players have been produced from MLS academies.
So sit back and enjoy hearing from plenty of MLS stars who came through the academy system.
- Americans Abroad Preview: Howard looks for bounceback vs Manchester United 0
- Report: 10-year-old daughter of former FIFA official received over $3 million 1
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann on Jozy Altidore’s situation, USMNT squad and more 3