Aug 3, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
The second edition of MLS Breakaway is back and ready to roll this evening.
Fans of Major League Soccer loved the first edition of an NFL Red Zone-type experience for MLS and that will return as some huge games take place tonight. With a Stamford, Conn. studio anchoring “whip-around” coverage of a number of MLS games, users will be able to watch all the major events as expert analysis will guide viewers through the evening’s action.
Major League Soccer and NBC Sports Group have come together for MLS Breakaway’s August 3rd return, with new voice of NBC Soccer John Strong joining Kyle Martino set to cover four matches whose start times have been adjusted for the return engagement.
NBC’s on-air talent is pleased to be back in Breakaway action:
“I’m excited to be a part of the next edition of MLS Breakaway,” Strong said. “I really enjoyed watching the first show in March and its high-energy, ‘center of the soccer universe’ feel as they whipped around from game to game.”
Added Martino: “Get ready for another MLS Breakaway. Everyone had such a blast the first time around we decided to run it back. With the help of comments and suggestions from fans, we are building off the first show to try and capture all the MLS weekend excitement in the most creative ways possible. See you then!”
There will be full coverage of Sporting Kansas City hosting New York Red Bulls on NBCSN. Then, starting with D.C. United’s 7:30 kickoff against visiting Montréal, Strong and Martino will go into full Breakaway coverage, looking in on regional broadcasts of the four other Saturday night games.
Full schedule of NBC Sports Network’s soccer coverage on Sat., August 3 (all times ET):
|Game 1||Sporting Kansas City||New York Red Bulls||6:30 p.m.|
|Game 2*||D.C. United||Montreal Impact||7:30 p.m.|
|Game 3*||Philadelphia Union||Chicago Fire||8 p.m.|
|Game 4*||Colorado Rapids||Real Salt Lake||8:30 p.m.|
|Game 5*||Houston Dynamo||Columbus Crew||9 p.m.|
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 1
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs