Aug 3, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
The second edition of MLS Breakaway is back and ready to roll this evening.
Fans of Major League Soccer loved the first edition of an NFL Red Zone-type experience for MLS and that will return as some huge games take place tonight. With a Stamford, Conn. studio anchoring “whip-around” coverage of a number of MLS games, users will be able to watch all the major events as expert analysis will guide viewers through the evening’s action.
Major League Soccer and NBC Sports Group have come together for MLS Breakaway’s August 3rd return, with new voice of NBC Soccer John Strong joining Kyle Martino set to cover four matches whose start times have been adjusted for the return engagement.
NBC’s on-air talent is pleased to be back in Breakaway action:
“I’m excited to be a part of the next edition of MLS Breakaway,” Strong said. “I really enjoyed watching the first show in March and its high-energy, ‘center of the soccer universe’ feel as they whipped around from game to game.”
Added Martino: “Get ready for another MLS Breakaway. Everyone had such a blast the first time around we decided to run it back. With the help of comments and suggestions from fans, we are building off the first show to try and capture all the MLS weekend excitement in the most creative ways possible. See you then!”
There will be full coverage of Sporting Kansas City hosting New York Red Bulls on NBCSN. Then, starting with D.C. United’s 7:30 kickoff against visiting Montréal, Strong and Martino will go into full Breakaway coverage, looking in on regional broadcasts of the four other Saturday night games.
Full schedule of NBC Sports Network’s soccer coverage on Sat., August 3 (all times ET):
|Game 1||Sporting Kansas City||New York Red Bulls||6:30 p.m.|
|Game 2*||D.C. United||Montreal Impact||7:30 p.m.|
|Game 3*||Philadelphia Union||Chicago Fire||8 p.m.|
|Game 4*||Colorado Rapids||Real Salt Lake||8:30 p.m.|
|Game 5*||Houston Dynamo||Columbus Crew||9 p.m.|
- Klinsmann explains philosophy behind mad scientist lineups, formations for USMNT 0
- Russia wants full points from match abandoned after Akinfeev struck in head by flare (video) 0
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4