Aug 5, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
Everton’s players are living the life this preseason.
Under new manager Roberto Martinez they’ve been chilling in their Beverly Hills hotel all weekend after playing against Real Madrid at Dodger Stadium. And that’s where a few of the Toffees’ players spotted a familiar face around the lobby.
What’s up Matt Damon?
Starstruck players Leon Osman, Leighton Baines and Kevin Mirallas met Damon and handed him a signed Everton shirt. Did someone sneak a contract in there? Surely Jason Bourne could be a stealthy forward after his on-screen antics over the years.
So, does that make Damon an honorary Everton fan now? Who knows. The actor, star of Saving Private Ryan, the Bourne series and the Ocean’s trilogy amongst many others, was at the team’s hotel promoting his upcoming sci-fi thriller Elysium.
And despite his hectic schedule, Damon likes to take in a soccer game from time to time. He was a surprise guest at a Chelsea vs. Arsenal match at Stamford Bridge in 2010.
Bourne’s a Blue. We think…
Anyway, I’m really hoping to see Osman or Baines pop up in the next Bourne film as a fellow spy. Sadly, Marouane Fellaini is out due to his hairdo. Nothing covert about that.
- International Champions Cup: Schedule revealed as Chelsea, Manchester United take on MLS sides 4
- After Bournemouth all but seal Premier League place, here’s some other minnows to make the top-flight 1
- Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez calls Real Madrid “best team in the world” 1
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Liverpool 1
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0